ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Clio Mk4 RS LED Taillights on previous model?

Renault Clio 4 RS
Hi everyone! Hope this is posted in the correct section.

So the other day I visited my local Vospers dealership to see what they had in stock. They had a new 2016 Clio RS Mk4 Facelift model which I liked, but it was a lot of money to change from my 2014 model to the 2016 model. One thing that I REALLY liked the look of was the new rear LED lights...

Here's what my 2014 RS rear taillights look like (This isn't my car, it's just a random image from google)..

WP_20160312_18_05_17_Pro_zpspirmvv9f.jpg

These lights look okay, but the new 2016 Facelift lights look so much better..

Renault-New-Clio-130616-rea_1-xlarge_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwfSVWeZ_vEN7c6bHu2jJnT8.jpg

So this leads me nicely onto my question. Is there anyway at all to transfer the new 2016 rear lights into the old model? I've noticed that I think they're both the same size units, however it's the electrical side of things that I think could be an issue. The older unit uses standard bulbs, however the newer one uses LEDs. Do you think it's at all possible?

I know a very, very good electrician who deals in cars electrics as a full time job. I'm just wondering if anyone's attempted it before I contact him.