ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Clio RS problem with A.Rollbar bushes

200 EDC LUX + CUP
For those of us who own the new Clio RS, be warned, the anti-roll bar bushes are a problem that Reno know about but are not, as yet, making it public or known to those of us who have already bought the new RS.

Ours, with only 70 mile on the clock when we picked it up, was, every now and then, making a knocking / cracking noise on the front end, right underneath the pedals. Due to work and the distance to the dealer, it's only just gone in for diagnosis with less than 1k on it.

The technician who came to drive it to hear the noise said it was the A.R bushes before we even got in the car, the 2min drive confirmed it. Reno are replacing the RS bushes with standard Clio III A.R bushes as these seem to be curing the problem.

I'll get more info on the 31st May once it's been sorted, I'm more interested on a long term solution as standard bushes should not, in reality, be replacing bushes designed for the chassis set up of the RS.

I'd be speaking with my dealer if I were you if you are in any doubt about this hush hush problem that Reno are having with these bushes.

200 EDC LUX + CUP
How do you know this is a common issue?

I don't mate, I'm only going on what the Reno tech said.
I posted the findings on DW and a guy on there say's it's not being kept quiet by Reno as Clio's and Micra's are suffering the same issue.

You woulda thought if it's that known that it woulda been picked up on the PDI as it's been a problem with only 70 mile on the clock.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
I don't mate, I'm only going on what the Reno tech said.
I posted the findings on DW and a guy on there say's it's not being kept quiet by Reno as Clio's and Micra's are suffering the same issue.

You woulda thought if it's that known that it woulda been picked up on the PDI as it's been a problem with only 70 mile on the clock.

There is no problem with Micra ARB Bushes... Even if there were not sure why they would be referenced in a discussion about the RS200T

200 EDC LUX + CUP
There is no problem with Micra ARB Bushes... Even if there were not sure why they would be referenced in a discussion about the RS200T

Again, only going on what somebody else had quoted buddy.
I can only vouch for the Clio issue that I'm experiencing.