ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Contract - But what?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
OK well having had my SE K850i for an eternity It's actually time to sort out a new contract.....I'm currently paying something like £35 for 900 Minutes and Unlimited Texts but since moving in with my Girlfriend I find myself hardly making any long calls or sending too many texts so I'm thinking of going less minutes and texts but wanting unlimited internet.

What decent deals have people had from Vodafone?

Can't go O2 or Orange as coberage where I live is really quite poor :(

Apart from the iPhone what are people recommending for a phone to go online with and just general use?

I like all these Apps but not sure I'll actually use many of them.

I wouldn't go getting a new contract with an iphone now though, as in a few months the new one will be out, and you will be stuck with the old one for 18 months.

If I was in your situation, I'd buy a 3GS on payg, then sell it when the new one comes out and buy that. Contracts suck donkey dick nowadays with the 18/24 months. Payg is a good deal.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I was thinking of PAYG but Voda don't seem to do very good deals on that compared to O2 and then I have to lay out a fair whack on a phone in 1 hit.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Don't you have to pay £90 at the start just to get the iPhone still? and as said a new iPhone is coming out soon anyway so may just buy a 2nd Hand Phone and go PAYG for a bit.

Mondeo diesel barge
The high monthly charges and the initial payment still put me off the iPhone. I don't think it's worth the extra money, only when these charges come down will I consider it. Instead I went with android. Got myself a HTC hero, didn't pay anything up front, paying out £30 a month and got cashback through Quidco. It's the best phone I've used and can actually see me keeping it for the entire length of my contract, which would be a first. The Android OS is excellent, plenty of options to make it your own, loads of apps, although not quite to the same amount on itunes, but a genuine contender for the iPhone.

Iv got a Blackberry Curve 8520

300 minutes
Unlimited Texts
Unlimited Internet, which covers email and msn aswell
Can get loads of apps for it aswell
All for £25 a month on Vodafone.
Phone was free

Couldn't live without my Blackberry now, really good phone.
Much prefer it to the iPhone as I hate touchscreens with a passion

182FF with cup packs
What's the Android??

LG, Samsung, HTC?

All of the above. :rasp:

Android is Googles phone OS.

The Nexus-One is Googles phone itself which runs Android, but is actually made by HTC.

I'm personally waiting for a couple of months until the new crop of Andriod phones running on the new 1Ghz Snapdragon processor hit the market.

The Nexus-One is one of the first, but there are a whole bunch more comming out soon (The Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 springs to mind).

Spec wise they trounce all over even the 3GS. Bigger, higher res, better quality screens, faster processors, removable batteries and storage. Whether they are any good remains to be seen though.

Mondeo diesel barge
I'm looking forward to the Xperia X10, the 1Ghz processor is what the Android OS needs. May look at upgrading to this later on in the year.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I went with an iPhone in the end....Only the 3G one though as didn't want to be putting down extra cash and didn't want to be spending anymore than £35 a month either.

Best get in the iPhone section now and seeing what are the must have apps.

182FF with cup packs
I'm looking forward to the Xperia X10, the 1Ghz processor is what the Android OS needs. May look at upgrading to this later on in the year.

I'm torn. I am seriously considering buying a Nexus-one, but from what I've seen online I really like the UI on the X10, and I'm a Sony Erricsson fan anyway. (also it would appear that the nexus-one US release handset doesn't support multitouch)

On the other hand the nexus-one has an OLED screen and the X10 is only TFT, but Sony do fantastic screens anyway, so would a pinacle of TFT evolution be better than an early generation OLED?