ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Daily - 330ci Sport.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Should have bought one years ago.

For the boring stuff its comfy, well built, spacious & cruises effortlessly. But when you put your foot down, it pulls like a train, sounds fantastic & handles like no big car should. Sarah hates the interior, but i love it! Myrtle wood & sand leather ftw.

Economy wise, its not amazing, averaging 28-32mpg depending on whether im dawdling along or sat in the BMW lane. But the way i look at it, its not going to depreciate like a golf Tdi, so that saves me £100 a month at least. Combined with the 15k service intervals, lack of cambelt to worry about, and new discs/pads/tyres, it should hopefully be quite a reliable barge for the foreseeable future.

DSC03916.jpg

DSC03917.jpg

DSC03919.jpg

DSC03921.jpg

DSC03936.jpg

DSC03937.jpg

DSC03938.jpg

I <3 it.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
My brother in law just bought one after his FRS. I love it.

Just waiting to get it detailed, his doesn't have that pimpin' leather though! :eek:

Never above 25mpg
Lovely that!! Grandad interior FTL. My dad has similar in his 320i Coupé.

Loving that M-Sport wheel though, might have to get one! Is it smaller than standard E46 ?

If you sell the wheels I'd be interested

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Bristol car!

Lovely car, lovely colour, absolutely horriffic interior.

320d
To be fair the only problem with the interior is the colour. It looks really comfy.

How is it as a drivers car Dave? Enjoyable enough for a daily?

1998 BMW e46 323i
Love it. Could get quite used to the wood even. Really want one of these,... Then I convince myself I want an e90 320i/d more,.. Then I just do nothing, and put up with the 172 as it owes me nothing.

Lucky man!

Iceberg 172
At least it's a manual!!! It'd look a lot better in there with the fake CF strips etc... but hey, still a bloody nice car for a daily!!!!! Jealous TBH! Perfect petrolhead combo, track trophy, confy but quick bm... can't go wrong!!!

At least it's a manual!!! It'd look a lot better in there with the fake CF strips etc... but hey, still a bloody nice car for a daily!!!!! Jealous TBH! Perfect petrolhead combo, track trophy, confy but quick bm... can't go wrong!!!

Im sorry! Wants to be auto tbh!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Nice barge.Im sure theres a kit now to change the awful wood effect.That might brighten up the interior a bit.Aluminium or carbon effect...

Golf R soon...
Once I sell my 325ci I'll be buying my Dads facelift 330ci convertible, love it. The 6-speed is so much nicer than my current 5-speed.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Again, thats for all the (mostly) positive comments lol.

To those that were interested, driving wise, its lovely, yeah, its a big old ship, & clearly everything is a little tired considering the mileage, but its still far more precise than an Audi could ever be!! Nearly steered off the side of the road when i first drove it, steering is that much quicker than the TT :eek:

Im sorry! Wants to be auto tbh!

No chance, hate autos with a passion, & the mpg is even worse lol. Can imagine it would complete the relaxing nature of the beast though! Only really need 1st, 3rd & 5th anyway due to the torquey nature of the engine :) 6th would be a bonus for mway cruising/mpg, but the 'box has a lovely precise action as it is.

Don't mean to be rude, how much did that set you back? If you don't mind my asking

Well, i had originally budgeted £6-7k for an imola red one with black leather & 100k miles or so, but then this one popped up with 148k on it about 10 miles from home. So off we went, expecting it to be a bit of a nail and well it was lol. Had been sitting under a tree for 6 months (chap had got a company car) and was generally filthy dirty, but one look at the rather substantial service record (everything that fails has been replaced, etc) and i was sold ...

After a fight/negotiation, i ended up paying £3650 with full BMW SH, new tyres/discs/pads/MOT & 6 months tax. So yeah, black leather would have been nice, but it wasnt worth selling the Trophy for ;)

VX220
great cars, my mate has one and i was surprised at how quickly it shifted as well as being really comfortable. A great buy

Sounds a good price that! had a look last night and prices vary massively.

Silly question, what are the tire sizes? I couldnt find a definitive answer on google and missus now wants to look at getting one nxt year...

120d M Sport
Love it Dave, like the interior personally! Don't think it looks out of place or dated but thats just me. Get some leather treatment on the seats and it'll be looking brand new

Mk5 golf gti
f**k the auto box we had manual 330ci and a 330d both immense cars

bargain barge :) 32mpg is what we averaged on the petrol too which is very good

love the car...not so keen on he interior - but for the price id still be happy!

Wouldn't mind one of these for my next car tbh