ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New From Nottingham!

Right, ive browsed this forum quite a lot but never got round to actually signing up. Has helped me tremendously! so I finally came round to becoming a member and will soon purchase the full membership :)

First things first im Joe (not sparkles, skip to bottom to why im sparkles haha) im 21, nearly 22. Live in Nottingham, I grew up and left school and college at around the whole world pretty much plummeted economically wise, so when I left college (passing Graphic Design) I failed at life and never could find or get a job.

Until recently! Found a job as a Barman in my local restaurant/pub. Not what I want to do forever but I enjoy it and it gets me by.. anyway to the point from this job I have bought my first car. I know bob all about cars really but all I know is that I wanted a black one and loved the look of the Clios.. after a while without looking into it I bought my first one, It was black, it checked out with my brother and his friend whos an official Renault Senior Mechanic so I got it!

Happy as balls with it, its a 1.4 03 Plate Dynamique, 33K Miles on the clock, 2 owners.. 1 Being a mother who then sold it to her daughter, who then became pregnant and well.. clio isn't at all a family car haha, so she sold it to me for 1.5K. For an 03 plate with 33K Miles, has all its paperwork.. cars never seen more than 5K miles a year. Its pretty much a womans shopping car.

Got the Cambelt and spark plugs recently changed by my brothers mechanic friend for only 150! Not bad at all.

Anyway I wish to post in the future under the Clio Projects, I love the look and bodywork of the sports.. especially a 182. ive read all the forums and I know people think its silly as so do I.. BUT! I almost bought a 182 for 3K low mileage.. only problem was the guy didn't know whether it was a cat c? Put me off, and with long talks with friends and family to be honest im fine with what ive got, im no boy racer but I love the power and speed I can get from this 1.4, its pretty beastly and unfortunately like a true noob I like to sometimes rag it around so to put me in a 172 or 182 at such an early stage is just stupid and ill end up killing myself in the end. So im keeping my 1.4 33K Mile Car and kitting it out to how I want it to look and be, love it, cherish it as everyone does their first car, get (hopefully!) a few years no claims and driving experience in it then move onto something else.

And here is my 1.4 the day I bought him/her/it.
427950_146818108797909_1697741413_n.jpg

Got all the spec you would get from a Dynamique model. Alloys, This one having Black/Gold paint, Auto Lights/wipers etc. No Air Con though, but to be fair the UK is no place for AirCon to be used in cars haha.
To say I have no idea or didn't even look into it before I bought it (too excited just wanted a car, couldn't care less about engine or spec etc) I think I got lucky to get a 1.4 16v Dynam with this mileage. Think id hate my life if I ended up getting an older style clio and anything under a 1.4 as apparently the 1.4s have quite abit more considerable kick to them than the 1.2s.

Anyway ive rambled on and on quite abit now. Seems like my life story. Ill go post in the Clio Projects :)

Edit:
To those who are wondering about my ridiculous username lmao. I don't have any online usernames other than what my Xbox live gamertag is. I Get loads of love from having such a stupid/original/retarded gamertag that yeah, its just stuck as my online identity.
This is why im sparklesthepony. My Real name being joe!

From the Arnold area, pretty much right next to Nottingham City Centre. Ive seen only a few 172s Driving around, about 3 in total. However ive seen plenty of 182s in Arnold.
In Mansfield however... its Clio heaven, not for sports just every Clio in general. You go to the odeon cinema or pure gym and the car parks are full of 'em. Must be because of the low cost and insurance.

172 Cup
Hi Sparkles :3
I lived in Notts for a while. What pubstraunt? (I might know it).
Tell us so we can find you mwahahaha >:D

Nice to see another local member, welcome! :) Yeah there are a lot of Clio's in Mansfield! You'll probably see mine outside Odeon and pure gym a lot too (Because I watch lots of films - not boy racer ;))

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcomes! and no not a bronie,, just a stupid username I like to use (;
Ill look out for your inferno 182! think ill be drooling when I see it haha.

As for the paint work! My older brother is a Bike Sprayer/Airbrush Artist, he's pointed out to me that its black gold, as upon close inspection after a good clean you can see gold flakes in it, not chronically to the point where you can see the two tone from a distance. Only in close inspection. ill have to take a pic.