ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New front tyres??

Hi everyone, am new to the forum. Just wanted some advice/recomendations for some new front tyres for my clio 182, do i go for Michelins again or try something different?
Any advice would be appreciated!!

Do like the Michelins that ive had, ive read that Eagle f1s are good or does anyone have Vredesteins (they are having some very good reviews)?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I'd stick with the Michelins myself i think they are excellent in the wet as well as in the dry . They were made for the 182 . If you buy some different ones and you don't like em then your stuck with em . A case of better the devil you know .

Clio 16V mk1 ph2
Michelins are the best out there, stick with em. Eagle F1s are good for handling and whatever, but due to being a softer compound will wear out much quicker than the michelins...

a thirsty one
this month evo has a big tyre test and the goodyear eagle f1 asymetric won nip into whs smiths and have a flick through it very comprehensive test, i like michelins but am also quite happy with the pirelli p zero nero i have fitted to the front offside when i got a puncture.

cost half of the michelin as well, those yoko parada spec 2's look good but started to hear some horror stories about wear rate.

2001 A(wful)uthentique
Yeah so was the AutoExpress test... Was made up of wet & dry handling, wet & dry conering, price, noise, cost, economy etc.

Cheers guys! Will probably go for the Exaltos again, thanks for the opinions, just need to find a decent price now!

a thirsty one
if you dont have a costco card try and find a mate who has, if you they dont have any in stock they can order them and good price.

M2 Competition
Paradas seem to last ages, but not so hot in the wet. Dry grip is unbelievable though.

Go for the michelins again, car was designed for them.

Chocolate Bar™
Paradas seem to last ages, but not so hot in the wet. Dry grip is unbelievable though.

agree with that i thought parada spec 2's were brilliant. currently using goodyear F1's and i cant complain for what they cost.

Black-Gold 182
...quite happy with the pirelli p zero nero i have fitted to the front offside when i got a puncture.

Are you running two differnt makes of tyre on the front? You do know it's illegal to run two different types of tyre on the same axle? One thing that working at Goodyear Dunlop taught me!

edit: by types, I mean different tread patterns!

Clio 172, 2001
Michelins all the way.

And you really don't wanna be running different tyres John Lloyd. My friend Andy did just this on his Trophy. He had to stop in a big hurry, one side gripped, one side was released by the abs, one Trophy in the hedge.

a thirsty one
as far as the law on different tyres on same axel i thought it only related to size (and in the old days radial/cross-ply) i deal with some stuf like this at work and as far as im aware its ok as far as the law goes to run different brands of tyre on the same axel otherwise it would be included on the mot, which it isnt.

know what you mean about mixing brands though in an ideal world and in the past have changed both at the same time or stuck to same brand but was hard to get a PE2 when i got a puncture and limped home, i havnt found any problems or found any trade off with grip or balance perhaps had i fitted a nasty cheap no-namer on 1 corner that may make a diff but stick to good rubber and im happy.

a thirsty one
as far as the law on different tyres on same axel it only relates to size/profile etc (and in the old days radial/cross-ply) i deal with some issues like this at work and as far as im aware its ok as far as the law goes to run different brands of tyre on the same axel otherwise it would be included on the mot, which it isnt.

know what you mean about mixing brands though in an ideal world and in the past have changed both at the same time or stuck to same brand but was hard to get a PE2 when i got a puncture and i had onlt just fitted a pe2 onto the nearside so i wasnt going to take that off and buy 2 pirelli p zero neros just so i ahve same brand, i havnt found any problems or found any trade off with grip or balance perhaps had i fitted a nasty cheap no-namer on 1 corner that may make a diff but stick to good rubber and im happy.

also the other front pe2 was only 1 month old as well so when had to replaced my punctured offside a month later they will both have equal tread depth.

Less
when i next need to purchase some new tyres (i have about 4mm to play with) i will buy michelins... they are designed for the car at the end of the day... csant go wrong with that