ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New guy from the west midlands

Hey there, my names Thomas and im currently looking at purchasing a Clio, pref a 1.4 16v 03/04, I currently have an 03 Focus zetec tdci but looking at a smaller nipyer feeling car having been driving for 3years ive already had a few cars, a 1990 mini, 1970 beetle, the focus and a mk2,mk3 and mk4 golfs.

Due to the old cars I had classic insurance so my first years of driving cost me around £300 insurance :D Only down side is no ncb! Im currently on a 18month insurance policy which counts as 2years ncb once complete (which will be May 2011) so until then in the eyes of other insurance company's I still have no NCB which makes insurance a difficult area.

So looking at changing vehicle with my current insurance and almost everything has been stupidly inflated premium increases but a 1.4 16v clio seems to be a great option with their decent 100bhp engines and only group 5 insurance.

Saying that I have just found a local low milage good condition 1.2 16v Clio Billabong and will be looking at that later today as the price is right!

Well didnt get the 1.2, decided it was too underpowered for me (used to a 115bhp tdci focus) but the 1.4 unit should be perfect.

Now a matter of finding a good condition 1.4 16v Dynamiqe 3door...pref in black or the bright blue colour (not sure of proper name) or gunmetal grey which isnt older then about 7years and doesnt have many miles on for under 3k..and not too far away!

Noticed your from Telford donny, wolverhampton myself and work in Broseley. Any suggestions where to look?