ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New injectors? Worth it?

I've been having a weird missfire on the Clio for a while now - holding the throttle at a steady 50/60 it sort of "coughs" every so often like it's missing

Now when I fitted the ITB's I fitted them with the fuel rail and injectors from the 182 as it was lower mileage - but one of the injectors failed completely in winter (tried different injector plugs to be sure it wasn't loom related) and the weird thing was it was a nearly new injector. Bizarre
So I swapped back to my 120k 172 injectors and they worked ok for a few months but now have this miss fire

Last night I fitted my 120mm trumpets and swapped back to the 182 injectors but binned the new faulty one and used one of the 172 injectors that looked clean and healthy - seems loads smoother now and I'm getting 38mpg on a casual drive out LOL!!!

But what I want to know is - you can buy brand new injectors for about £120 a set on ebay. I'm planning on swapping the fuel hose for braided and the rail for a solid jenvey item next month. Is it worth buying a brand new set of 4 injectors or shall I just take the 7 I've got to be cleaned/tested and pick the 4 with the best flow readings?

I was going to buy brand new but this new one that's failed has made me wonder if there'll be any benefit in it now

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
They're about 12-15 quid each to look so you could soon been in new cost territory if you have all 7 cleaned.