ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new laptop, connecting wireless?????????

535d / t5 caravelle
ok, i received my new laptop yesterday, its a dell, with built in wireless, i am currently with virgin media for my broadband, and i have no idea how to connect my laptop up as a wireless?????????? i have been given a belkin wirelessG+mimo usb adapter ( do i need this?) i have tried installing it and i keep getting asked for an encryption code/number???????????????

do i actually need this belkin device installed or can i do it without, with having built in wireless in my laptop?

help please :D

If your laptop has built in wireless i see no need for an adaptor, I take it you have a wireless router for your internet?

535d / t5 caravelle
If your laptop has built in wireless i see no need for an adaptor, I take it you have a wireless router for your internet?

my internet runs off a modem? i take it i need a wireless router then lol?

i had been told all i needed was the belkin effort i was given, is this not so?

535d / t5 caravelle
have you turned on ur wireless on ur laptop. this wil be either a function key or a switch on the laptop. chekc the manual.

just turned something on and its turned on wifi? whats that? and its picked up 4 network locator available networks, but i have no optopns to do anything?

yes that is what you wanted to turn on i still dont understand tho have you got any wireless internet access at your house?

ValverInBits
If you don't have a wireless router how is the laptop going to connect to the internet? Unless the laptop has a modem and plugs straight into the wall?
The networks you have found are going to be the neighbours networks

535d / t5 caravelle
no, i dont think so, do i have to ring up virgin and ask them to change something or do i just need to go to pc world and buy a wireless router?

535d / t5 caravelle
If you don't have a wireless router how is the laptop going to connect to the internet? Unless the laptop has a modem and plugs straight into the wall?
The networks you have found are going to be the neighbours networks

so i need a router then lol

535d / t5 caravelle
some bint at work gave it me and said it would work, it will be going back tomorrow, not give her any money for it yet, so no problem, i'll go and purchase a router, cheers for the help folks, i may be back soon for more ;)