ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

XBox One Series S Wireless Keyboard and Mouse?

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Trying to work out if a you can get a wireless keybaord and mouse for an XBox One Series S (think it is the S, been told it is all digital and doesn't have a disk drive) as the girlfriend's son has asked for a keyboard and mouse for his birthday to use on his XBox.
Being practical we were thinking a wireless one - make it easier to store and use as where the console is located and the cat has an awful habit of chewing wires. Initial look says no as the console doesn't have Bluetooth (although the controllers are wireless??) but this ARTICLE says no you can't but as long as the keyboard has a Bluetooth dongle you can use that for the bluetooth-ness. If this is a workable solution what about mice - is there one where it can use the same bluetooth adapter? Or will two be needed?

I know gaming keyboards and mice are generally wired due to latency but that isn't going to be a problem.

All failing this if it needs to be wired then so be it.

What is worse is my lack of knwledge of computer hardware as I work as a software developer :ROFLMAO: but I hate computers

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Trying to work out if a you can get a wireless keybaord and mouse for an XBox One Series S (think it is the S, been told it is all digital and doesn't have a disk drive) as the girlfriend's son has asked for a keyboard and mouse for his birthday to use on his XBox.
Being practical we were thinking a wireless one - make it easier to store and use as where the console is located and the cat has an awful habit of chewing wires. Initial look says no as the console doesn't have Bluetooth (although the controllers are wireless??) but this ARTICLE says no you can't but as long as the keyboard has a Bluetooth dongle you can use that for the bluetooth-ness. If this is a workable solution what about mice - is there one where it can use the same bluetooth adapter? Or will two be needed?

I know gaming keyboards and mice are generally wired due to latency but that isn't going to be a problem.

All failing this if it needs to be wired then so be it.

What is worse is my lack of knwledge of computer hardware as I work as a software developer :ROFLMAO: but I hate computers
I'm worse. I like computers, work in a side-role along the dev team - yet have zero interest in coding and/or development! :p