ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New member and happy.

Clio RS200,Impreza
How Doing Folks,
I’m new to Renault and to this site. I have been a speed freak,major petrolhead, for 30 years and never ever thought i would own a Renault but i now have one. It doesn’t feel like me at all but i do understand it and i’m growing very fond of this car within the first week of ownership. Over the years i have had very fast bikes,ninjas,superchipped GSXR’s,kit cars with bike engines and three Imprezas. This very rare red STI SPEC C is a 380 bhp light weight monster which made me look at the RS in a very narrow minded way which was silly of me.It is a different buzz to the Scoob , takes me back to days of hooning in hot hatches and the buzz is through the twisties without doing crazy speeds,much nore licence friendly.. I do feel lucky to have found this car out of the blue. It is a late registered,(2013) RS200 ,one owner car,Akrapovic system ,with only 50,000 miles ! Sounds greafor an n/a car and looking forward to doing some miles in it. 🏎😀

Attachments

• E1426BD4-E83A-403B-921C-1E17EA5D7B19.jpeg
    E1426BD4-E83A-403B-921C-1E17EA5D7B19.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 83
  • 69D8D8D2-4E95-4C08-AF4C-75E69B689926.jpeg
    69D8D8D2-4E95-4C08-AF4C-75E69B689926.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 79
  • E03A9405-3B2F-4581-942D-517F5A6547D6.jpeg
    E03A9405-3B2F-4581-942D-517F5A6547D6.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 80
  Clio RS200,Impreza
Looks like it's in a beautiful part of the world there too. Welcome.
Thanks Hopgop,
Yes,i am lucky here with the choice of roads. I have plenty fantastic options no matter what way i turn from my driveway. I’m 35 minutes from knockhill and it’s a great run there plus i’m 15 mins from lochearnhead to Oban road which Niall Mackenzie,(ex british superbike champion) voted his favourite run out. Really looking forward to getting the Clio out on these sections.👍🏻

Nice. There is certainly a crossover between RS and Subaru enthusiasts. In fact in 33 years of owning cars, RS and Subaru are the only makes I've owned more than once.

I'm on my seventh Scoob, a '97 classic with 2.1 stroker and DCCD drivetrain.

Bankrupt_drunk

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I'm also a former impreza owner, now with a clio! I had an impreza when the children were smal, now they are huge the daily is a Legacy and the fun car is a clio.
That RS200 looks superb.

Twingo 1??

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo 133 Cup,
Welcome along! Lovely pair of cars you have for a blast over the Scottish roads. It's a lovely part of the world where you are, grew up in Oban so know the roads up in that part of the world well and still come up regularly.

Chocice

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, RSI, 200
The 200 has a great front end and the twin exhaust at the back makes it look menacing, are you going to change anything on it?

Clio RS200,Impreza
The 200 has a great front end and the twin exhaust at the back makes it look menacing, are you going to change anything on it?
I’m really trying my hardest not to change much on this car. Any car i have,i always change the appearance to make it “mine” but the mental impreza swallows up alot of my money,10 mpg when i’m on a mission with it ! Will try to leave it mostly the way it is,Akrapovic is on it,K and N filter and mild re-map was all carried out by the only other owner the car has had. I have only done 170 miles in it but as the weather gets better in the next month i will be doing 5,000 per year in it and i’m definately becoming fond of the car which i wasn’t expecting.👍🏻

Chocice

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, RSI, 200
I’m really trying my hardest not to change much on this car. Any car i have,i always change the appearance to make it “mine” but the mental impreza swallows up alot of my money,10 mpg when i’m on a mission with it ! Will try to leave it mostly the way it is,Akrapovic is on it,K and N filter and mild re-map was all carried out by the only other owner the car has had. I have only done 170 miles in it but as the weather gets better in the next month i will be doing 5,000 per year in it and i’m definately becoming fond of the car which i wasn’t expecting.👍🏻
Have you got any of the usual grumbles that new owners seem to come across such as kangarooing or hesitation when pulling away especially when cold? Just a tip: secure the drivers mat with Velcro or some clips as the clutch area is in a weird box and the mat seems to curl up and cause right problems around that spot.

Clio RS200,Impreza
15 mins away from Lochearnhead in what direction?

Lovely car, ideal for the local roads
I’m in Crieff Jamie. Bikes,Subarus,Kit Cars,now this wee white thing. They have all had blasts on the that road over the last 30 years.🏎😎

Clio RS200,Impreza
Excellent, Home is Tyndrum for me but I'm working in Grandtully now
Yes,i know the area,great roads for sure. Some are too bumpy for the Scoob,it is on rock hard suspension but the RS should cope better. Must get grub now,been a loooooong day today and just in the door.👍🏻