ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New member, FF 182 hunting

RB 182 Cup,E46 M3 CS
Hi all

Just joined the forum as I am currently looking for a Clio 182 'FF'. A little background of my car history, I started out with a succession of fords ending up in a Mondeo ST220 which I loved but got tired of the limitations of front wheel drive. Sold that for an E82 1 series 123d (hence the username) which was brilliant in most ways but I could never get over the fact that it had a transit van sound track and the (almost lag free but still laggy) power delivery. So I sold that and bought my first 'dream car', a manual E46 M3 CS in Interlagos Blue which I've been driving as a daily for two years.

I tried to buy a daily to avoid using the M3 last year but parking problems living in a flat and insurance in the dodgy end of Manchester meant that it wasn't possible. Now I'm in a house in an area where insurance is lower and I have a garage and space for three or four cars on the drive it makes sense to take the plunge.

I'm still not 100% sure the Clio is the car for me but what I'm after is something relatively depreciation proof, relatively practical, relatively comfortable, relatively cheap to run, relatively quick and fun to drive.. relatively. I'm looking to spend £3000 and in this price range it seems to be the star buy, I had wanted a Focus ST170 but finding a nice one now is tough and they aren't that quick or I think special enough. Despite having never driven or been in one I think the Clio is special and I can't wait to get in one.

Two problems exist for me at the moment, firstly I can't drive as I am recovering from surgery to reconstruct my ACL and secondly I'd love to buy a car from a forum member (as I did with my car at M3cutters) but the plan is to use a long interest free credit card to purchase it and then keep the car for the term of the interest free period. Therefore I am at the mercy of dealers and probably not the tidiest or well priced cars.

Any help from you guys is appreciated and I look forward to getting involved in forum discussions. I don't post too often on m3cutters but I have found it an invaluable source of information (and very occasionally decent banter) and I have no doubt cliosport is the same

cheers

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
They are definitely not a comfortable car, not a motorway muncher, but then not designed to be.

In the right mood a riot.

2003 clio 172 ph2
if you can do a balance transfer then youll be ok with most sellers, and you can get low deals on tansfers to with certain cards.. might open your search alot wider.
but keep an eye out mine will be for sale soon..

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Read the advert, looks good. Keep me updated with offers etc, just for reference. If you don’t mind.

Congrats on the new arrival :)

RB 182 Cup,E46 M3 CS
There is a nice full fat racing blue 182 on eBay :wink:

Haha don’t tempt me Frodo!! Racing blue is high on the list!

if you can do a balance transfer then youll be ok with most sellers, and you can get low deals on tansfers to with certain cards.. might open your search alot wider.
but keep an eye out mine will be for sale soon..

Unfortunately I can’t do a money transfer on my card without it attracting interest. I can only make purchases with an interest free period, balance transfers have an interest free period but still have a fee.

It’s a bugger but that’s the game I’m playing! Savings have gone on a new house and Home improvements, I can’t justify dipping into the pot anymore.

If there’s another way using this card tell me how!

Cheers everyone

RB 182 Cup,E46 M3 CS
I’m looking for an FF but this 182 Cup has caught my attention.. looks clean. What are people’s thoughts on the cup? My impression was that they were great value new, maybe less so as a used purchase? Basically less spec for less money. Maybe a bit cheaper to maintain (I.e no expensive xenons to go wrong) and the cloth seats slightly harder wearing?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201709028900095

Edit: my point is, it’s the only one for sale on autotrader so I’m guessing they are rare.. worth a punt on that alone?