ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New member here

PH2 172sport++
evening all just picked up my 172sport ph2 last week and thought id join up and say hello.still getting used to not having 4 wheel drive and a turbo but these sports sure are fun to drive:approve:

RB 197
Welcome dude, going from boost to zilch boost is pretty depressing hey, but the clio sports are still wicked fun :)

RB 197
I never think of the easy options, bit of a different thing going from Jap to French? Usually the other way round, you found the right path in life ;) a fair few mods you can get for the RS though...plus it'll be lighter ((big grins))

PH2 172sport++
well the day b4 i got the rs it was re-mapped by a local mobil chap he reckons it went from 172 up to 198 but im still waiting 4 the b4 and after printout but it certainly pulls well

This probably isn't the place to be starting this discussion, but there is roughly no chance of a 172 making 198bhp from a remap. None. None whatsoever.

not even with an after market decat exhaust and induction kit then re-map:(

I guess that might be making ~172bhp or more. Standard they are circa 165bhp. 198bhp you'd be looking at cams on top of that, at least. Dont get me wrong, I'm no engine tuner but everything I've learnt on here since 2004 tells me 198bhp from those mods is wrong.

PH2 172sport++
well what ever its running its a lot quicker than two other sports iv driven of the same year and same spec,but like i said im still waiting for the b4 and after printouts from the guy who re-mapped it will let u no when i do:dapprove:

well what ever its running its a lot quicker than two other sports iv driven of the same year and same spec,but like i said im still waiting for the b4 and after printouts from the guy who re-mapped it will let u no when i do:dapprove:

LoL not trying to rain on your parade, dude. Just saying that those figures seem optimistic to say the least. The way it feels is what matters most. Post a thread up on the forums when you get the results. Also some pics of the car :)