ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New member in Hertfordshire

celicaturbolly

ClioSport Club Member
  Kona , Old Defender
Hi all,

Been lurking on here for couple of weeks looks like a great forum. I am interested in getting either a 172 / 182 very shortly. A freind of mine used to own a 05my 182 and it handled miles better than my 03my civic type-r that I had at the same time. The prices of the two models are very similar for either 172 / 182. Would the 182 be the better model to go for as they are a little newer or would a nice 172 be an even better drive ( no t/c ). Are the engines in the two essentially the same, to enable a 172 with a few bits thrown at it make 182 power or is it not as straight forward as this? Also the 182 models seem to have a better range of colour options ( the two blue colours / red / yellow ) where as the examples I have seen of 172 seem to be a lot more conservative? Finally I have seen on the odd 182 for sale with proper Recaro seats were these an optional extra or from a later model car?

Thanks for any help in advance

Olly

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Welcome mate get a tidy ph1 ;) or a Trophy..
182's and 172's have very little between them. Recaros were an optional extra.
Type EVO Clio Trophy into youtube you'll be glad you did ;)

celicaturbolly

ClioSport Club Member
  Kona , Old Defender
Hi Chi,

Thanks for the video recommendation, have seen it already love Harry's videos. What a car collection.... Sadly I think I mint trophy 182 is a little out of my budget

celicaturbolly

ClioSport Club Member
  Kona , Old Defender
Thanks for the link to the guide is a great help, like the idea of a 172 CUP / 182 CUP. :race: I'm in Welwyn Garden City ( or just above ) where abouts are you Jekyll?

celicaturbolly

ClioSport Club Member
  Kona , Old Defender
Thanks is there any other owners on here around our area? Don't see too many of them on the roads.

For some reason I can't open the second link it says I do not have permission to view?

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
You may not be able to view it because you're a forum member. To become a full member you have to pay £12. It's well worth it though. You can access the marketplace, get discount, use the traders section, view guides, etc. It saves itself really.

There is loads of us around our way and there is always meets going on in the South East section :)

Last edited:

celicaturbolly

ClioSport Club Member
  Kona , Old Defender
Great thanks for the info, am going to do some more reserach then hopefully find a decent one within 4 weeks. Will post info of it once purchased...

celicaturbolly

ClioSport Club Member
  Kona , Old Defender
Poison I am in Welwyn Garden City / Hatfield / Stevenage area do you know it?

Jordi budget is around 2.5k

Clio sport 172
Welcome mate, I am from cheshunt, but currently live in the fens now! But always going back to see family etc!

Im relatively new, I've just got a flame red 172, They're great cars!

celicaturbolly

ClioSport Club Member
  Kona , Old Defender
Quick update, just bought an 05 182 super happy with it more details and pics to follow. Am a proper member now I've got the right car :clap:

mk1 Octavia VRS
I spend a lot of time in Stevenage but not often in the Clio. Is your Celica for sale? I used to own a gen 6 SS-III import with the 200bhp beams engine. :)

celicaturbolly

ClioSport Club Member
  Kona , Old Defender
Ahh no sorry the gt4 is long gone, just have the same username as back then on forums etc and thought people would like the little image of it ;)

Was a great car, handled wonderful and so advanced really for it's age. Did think about buying the later version of mine but decent one's for good money are so few and far between now