ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New member needs 172 advice!

I have convinced myself that a Sunflower yellow 172 is the way forward for me! Carnt quite decide to go for new or old shape? (As the old shape looks better from the outside, but the newer ones have a better interior!)

A few questions though!
1/ What about wheel size? 16 or 17" ? Bearing in mind I have a thing for track days!

2/ Coilovers! Any thoughts on good kits for the 172! Or any opinions!

3/ What sort of power increase should I expect from a decent exhaust/airfilter/chip????

4/ What sorts of MPG figures do 172s realy do on a steady run 60-70mph and thrashing it!

Anyones thoughts would be great!

172 Cup

One quick thought Kenny if you want a Sunflower yellow 172 it will have to be a Mk1, not a Mk2. And thats if you can find one ofcourse!

Griff

Didnt know that! But I havnt been into a Renault dealership yet and asked the question! Cos I hate car sales-men! Thanks for that! And yes I know where there are 2!!!

KennyC.

1) 16inch a blend of performance and looks.

2) H&R do a coilover kit and there one of the best. Koni are releasing one soon. Thats the only too I have seen.

3) About 185 Bhp with those mods.

4) 35Mpg +. I get 32Mpg but drive it pretty hard, not thrashing but above normal

Chun.

1/ 15" or 16" cause that is what the chassis dasighners had in mind, just look at BTCC or the clio cup.
2/ coilovers will be hard to find.....but a set of bilstiens or konis or ledas will be more than good enough.
3/the exhaust permitting your only goin to use on box at teh back and no cat, airfilter (panel not induction kit) and chip (anything but superchips, prigammable unichip) will see maybe 185-190bhp if your lucky. But its al worth it, the clio cup cars onlymake around 190bhp with the magneti marelli ignition system and exhaust.

Kenny - there are not two Sunflower Yellow 172s - the Mk 1 is Sunflower Yellow, there is not a yellow Mk 2 172 at all (Mk 2 only comes in Iceberg Silver, Blue, Black and Red) - although there is a new shape yellow which is called Sunburst (I think) Yellow (but it is much golder than Sunflower). Only way you can have a yellow 172 is the Sunflower Mk 1 - and no, mine is not for sale !!

well, i would say about 450-500-600 depending on where you go, when i asked a fitter once and he said he could get it for about 480quid. but H&r are brill, but not fully performance devoted, they still incorporate a little comfort, but saying that, there still much better than stock, bilsteins would be best.......but you yearlly dont need to got eh coilover rout unless your looking at extracting the very last 0.01 of a secong off your lap times, and i know you cant do this at a track day. I have raced for renault in asia and the only class is raced with coilovers was the sport spiders......well, that and the single seaters.