ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New member New car!!!

Hi all newbie here!!!!

Ordered new car 2 months ago, 55 plate 182 in racing blue with stripes (of course) and the extras you can't say no to (both cup packs) one thing i did want was the recaro seat pack but they couldn't find one in time and the car had to be in the uk and registered before the end of Sept to qualify fot the discount i got. comes a week on thursday. pics of my current soon to be old car are on links below if you want to pass the word round it's for sale on autotrader for under 5k.

http://pictures.autotrader.co.uk/ATD_web/servlet/media?id=226463454

http://pictures.autotrader.co.uk/ATD_web/servlet/media?id=226463460

http://pictures.autotrader.co.uk/ATD_web/servlet/media?id=226463462

http://pictures.autotrader.co.uk/ATD_web/servlet/media?id=226463467

Oh and don't wory if you think i'm gonna destroy the new car by kitting it up iv'e grown out of that! still dont think the old car looks bad!!! opinions good or bad are welcome!!

Also a bit worried i'm gonna want to blast the new car as soon as i pick it up.:evil: how many careful miles are recomended before opening em up??? when i got the 1.2 16v the sales man said to keep revs below 4k for 10,000 miles??

can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D

VRS
as above just wait till its had a bit of a warm up then mix up the gears and the rev ranges and its good to go! you dont need to bother wiv the whole "run it in for 500miles blah blah blah" its a renaultsport so have some fun!!! (careful and legal of course lol)
oh and welcome to the club, youve got the best colour 182 :approve:
the smile on yer face when you get the 5k rpm rush will have you hooked

If its brand new it will be very tight when you get it. The engine gets stronger and stronger as you put the miles on but your talking 10000+ and still getting better.

I think its 1200miles can not remember exactly definately not 10000 for running it in!

When I got my 182 it had 7 miles on the clock and those first 1000mile go so slowly. IMO resist your urges and run it in gradually it will be worth it in the long run. I think people will recommend useing the rev range a bit do not run it in sat at 3500revs on the motorway but a variety of driving. I think I broke the 5000rpm barrier a couple of times whilst running in and now I am at 13000miles I realise those first runs were no where near what you get as the miles increase.

Give the bodykits a miss with this one!!

C4 Grand Picasso
10,000 is overkill, my old 1.2 manual said to keep it below 3.5k revs for the first 625 miles. Should have full performance (lol 60bhp) after 1.5k.

Racing blue 182's look ace, still undecided about the stripes. Sorry to say that your old Clio looks aweful IMO, still each to their own.

Anyhow, hello and welcome to Cliosport.
Mike.

cheers all for the warm welcome can't wait to get it on a empty winding road will be well worth the wait. i know what you mean bout when it hits 5000rpm it feels like another engine kicks in only driven one on the brief test drive i had. still not seen one in the flesh in racing blue which is good as i wanted one in a rare colour don't think there are many round the manchester area they all seem to be black or silver. any one got any good pics of racing blue one with stripes???

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
wait till it's up to temperature (oil temp, not indicated coolant) then cane it!

bedding in is for little girls. you have warranty, and it'll make rubbish power later if you don't do this!

nice choice though.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
hope you like the new car, i tried to post the pictures so they loaded up but i couldn't get it to work so i thought i bertter make a comment.

Last edited:
  MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
I pushed it right from the start! My wife picked it up for me as a suprise and red-lined it of the for court after collecting it from the dealers. But now, once it's warmed up then I open it up. :D

carbon copy said:
wait till it's up to temperature (oil temp, not indicated coolant) then cane it!

bedding in is for little girls. you have warranty, and it'll make rubbish power later if you don't do this!

nice choice though.

That'll do for me^^^

Welcome to the forum.

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2
Modern engines nowadays don't need to be 'run in' as such. As said really giving it some from the word go is recommended to give you the best power later on.