ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

This was only ment to be a daliy - Megane 280 cup

Renny 5

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 280 & R5
this was never meant to turn into a project never mind having its own thread. Bought this back in October as my new daliy to replace my old meglio. Always wanted one since they came out and was never in any position to buy a brand spanker so waited for one to come up locally. At the time there were only several for sale and after talking to few lads who have had one/owns one, sounded like a 280 cup would be best for me as I don’t really do many miles and seeing the amount of issues people have had with the trophy batteries, a cup will do me fine.
IMG_0026.jpeg

IMG_0028.jpeg
IMG_0030.jpeg
IMG_0027.jpeg

IMG_0031.jpeg

After testing afew cups and a trophy, this one was my favourite, the other cars were both red, which I’m not a fan of on these. Also this was the only one with heated seats and the only cup with 19” wheels which look way better than the 18”.
IMG_0032.jpeg
View attachment 1682150
Even though large touch screen looks better i wasn’t really a fan of using it for the heater controls.
IMG_0033.jpeg

IMG_0035.jpeg

when I bought the car from the dealership (carshop Nottingham, was shite service) noticed there were I few things that needed sorting out and knocked the price down to under £18k. Sounded like a gasket was blowing which was brought up on the previous mot and not sorted and lack of receipts for its last service but apart from that the car looked great and drove amazing.

Renny 5

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 280 & R5
Bought a service kit from RPD, new front pipe gasket from Renault and a Powerflex lower torque mount 🫣
IMG_0017.jpeg

IMG_0020.jpeg
IMG_0019.jpeg

Took it down to @Dannyafro for the service….
IMG_0023.jpeg

Found the gasket wasn’t fitted correctly but used the new one anyway as this was blown through!
IMG_0022.jpeg

IMG_0024.jpeg

Powerflex torque mount also fitted! Didn’t make much difference with noise or vibration either and also stopped an annoying knocking everytime I started my car when The oem mount was fitted.
IMG_0025.jpeg

Renny 5

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 280 & R5
After afew weeks of ownership I started to get a “BRAKE SYSTEM FAILURE” warning on the dash every time I started the car. Noticed the brake fluid was low and the cap was slightly loose! topped it up anyway and a few weeks later I had the same warning light. Checked the cap and it had come loose again!! Did a bit of research and it seems the brake reservoir cap is just s**t from factory and people have been fitting Clio 197 caps (also scienic)
IMG_9926.jpeg

Megane on the left, Clio 197 cap on the right
IMG_9931.jpeg
IMG_9932.jpeg

Threads on the Clio cap are far more substantial
IMG_9933.jpeg

Also did a video to show the difference…..

More to come soon….

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Does look really good and agree it needs the 19’s as I saw one the other day on the 18’s and it looked a tad under wheeled.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
this was never meant to turn into a project never mind having its own thread. Bought this back in October as my new daliy to replace my old meglio. Always wanted one since they came out and was never in any position to buy a brand spanker so waited for one to come up locally. At the time there were only several for sale and after talking to few lads who have had one/owns one, sounded like a 280 cup would be best for me as I don’t really do many miles and seeing the amount of issues people have had with the trophy batteries, a cup will do me fine.
View attachment 1682142
View attachment 1682143View attachment 1682146View attachment 1682144
View attachment 1682147
After testing afew cups and a trophy, this one was my favourite, the other cars were both red, which I’m not a fan of on these. Also this was the only one with heated seats and the only cup with 19” wheels which look way better than the 18”.
View attachment 1682148View attachment 1682150
Even though large touch screen looks better i wasn’t really a fan of using it for the heater controls.
View attachment 1682149
View attachment 1682152
when I bought the car from the dealership (carshop Nottingham, was shite service) noticed there were I few things that needed sorting out and knocked the price down to under £18k. Sounded like a gasket was blowing which was brought up on the previous mot and not sorted and lack of receipts for its last service but apart from that the car looked great and drove amazing.

Under 18k! Belter. Fancied a 280 myself in EDC but are all 20k+

Renny 5

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 280 & R5
Short video from that night…. Bit too dark to film majority of the cars which was a bummer 😩

Renny 5

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 280 & R5
Absolutely love these, they have awesome road presence!
Agreed 👍🏼

Fantastic looking car! I can’t believe the price they’ve come down to also!
They have slightly… I think I was lucky to get it at that price but it is one of the early 280’s.

Lovely motor that mate, a rare beast in silver as well👌🏼
Thank you 👍🏼 I really wanted a white one but silver does look good

I've never seen one in silver. I've also never wanted one until I've seen one in silver.

Cheers!
Thank you 🙏🏼

Does look really good and agree it needs the 19’s as I saw one the other day on the 18’s and it looked a tad under wheeled.
Yep, 18’s do look abit lost on these IMO.

Under 18k! Belter. Fancied a 280 myself in EDC but are all 20k+
I did want an auto but I’ve read some of the early ones have had over heating issues with the gearbox and the later ones are way out my price range. On the flip side of having a ph1 though is that it doesn’t have a GPF filter 👍🏼

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Agreed 👍🏼

They have slightly… I think I was lucky to get it at that price but it is one of the early 280’s.

Thank you 🙏🏼

I did want an auto but I’ve read some of the early ones have had over heating issues with the gearbox and the later ones are way out my price range. On the flip side of having a ph1 though is that it doesn’t have a GPF filter 👍🏼
Agreed 👍🏼

Thank you 🙏🏼

The boxes overheat? Or the clutch?

Renny 5

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 280 & R5
The boxes overheat? Or the clutch?
I couldn’t tell you tbh, I’m sure I read that it was the gearbox but the thread I read it on I can’t seem to find anymore. I could have my wires cross though.