ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi, I am a new member and after some much needed advice.

I have just bought my first Renault, a Clio Williams 1. The car however has a knackered gearbox and was wondering who is the best company to rebuild it? Many thanks.

Thanks.

I have just emailed the above companys enquiring if they do rebuild gearboxes and how much it will cost.

Unfortunately I am from Sunny Dry Wales.

A response.

I contacted Prima racing and they said this ;

"A standard Clio williams gearbox re-build is around £450.00 + VAT. This is supplied with a 12 month - 12,000 mile warranty"

So no doubt a Williams gearbox will be even more!!!!

B

Bennyboy

croeso!...bit of welsh there for you english scum! lol

whereabouts in wales are you? im from cardiff but live in london now.

Cheers. :)

From a villiage called Llangynidr. And i aint takin the piss.

Surely Renault will would be the best people for the job it just depends on how much they charge. But £400 + vat sounds resonable.

The rest of the car is mint. Its just i cant dedicate all my time to it as studying in uni and restoring a 205 gti Gutmann. But better not mention any more about that on a Renault forum.

B

Bennyboy

im sure most people would back me up here but i wouldnt put so much blind faith in renault doing a proper job...and theyre sooooooooooooo expensive too..

Cheers. But their local and also have a long guarantee. And cheaper than Prima.

I will just have to wait and see whether the other companies will "quote me happy".