ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New motor with pics

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I have always wanted one of these since I was 18 and had the VTR.

Are lass wanted to new car so I bought her this.

12 months mot
6 months tax
864 owners
120000 miles

Really nice motor, feels really old skool! Has got a few dings on it but nothing major. Having touched the clio since I bought it. Saxerperience here I come!

IMG_1908.gif

IMG_1909.gif

IMG_1912.gif

IMG_1913.gif

IMG_1914.gif

IMG_1915.gif

IMG_1916.gif

IMG_1919.gif

IMG_1920.gif

IMG_1921.gif

IMG_1922.gif

IMG_1924.gif

IMG_1925.gif

IMG_1929.gif

IMG_1930.gif

IMG_1931.gif

And one of the two together....

IMG_1910.gif

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
cracking colour imo, colour coded bumpers, slammed, black wheeels job done :D

never driven one myself but ment to be great fun

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Superb!

Get some facelift VTS wheels for it.

I loved mine man, go-kart handling and plenty of punch!

Heel-toe - away you go ;)

tiTTy & SV650
Must have been pretty cheap on that mileage? Looks tidy, are they VTR wheels? Headlamp protectors too?

LOL at number of owners, my 172 is like that

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Lol @ the mileage comments.

It's done less than 12K p/year, hardly the fcuking moon and back. It's an 11 year old car that has done average (below average IMO) miles.

Looks smart.

Plans?

tiTTy & SV650

It's done less than 12K p/year, hardly the fcuking moon and back. It's an 11 year old car that has done average .

Well my comment was based on my G plate pug being on 62k miles ;)

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep

It's done less than 12K p/year, hardly the fcuking moon and back. It's an 11 year old car that has done average (below average IMO) miles.

Looks smart.

Plans?

I wanted to turn it into a track **** but the wife has big issues with that!

Just want to to tidy it up at the moment and lower it for starters and then see where I go.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah the early VTS models came with VTR wheels. It wasn't untill the MK2 shape that they brought them out with VTS wheels standard. Cracking car mate. I used to have a Saxo before this Clio and I loved it. Honestly, just get it lowered and leave it. Lowering makes SUCH a difference!

This was my old one if you don't mind me putting a picture up. Also a MK1 :)

DSC01654.jpg

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah the early VTS models came with VTR wheels. It wasn't untill the MK2 shape that they brought them out with VTS wheels standard. Cracking car mate. I used to have a Saxo before this Clio and I loved it. Honestly, just get it lowered and leave it. Lowering makes SUCH a difference!

This was my old one if you don't mind me putting a picture up. Also a MK1 :)

DSC01654.jpg

Looks mint that mate.

What was it lowered on? My knowledge of saxo's is minimal at best!

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Just some 40mm springs on the front (Apex, £40). Saxo's have a rear torsion bar so I had that dropped to match the front (£80 or DIY).
Ahh my knowledge was pants before I signed upto Saxp. I learnt loads from there, and parts are easily available (performance and standard!)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Good purchase.

Cheap, parts available everywhere for it and with good power and handling. Only ever driven a VTR before myself, but even that experience showed me its go-kart qualities. :)

D.

Hyundai i40
nice choice. had a vtr when i was 18, blue one

decked it and sold it and got an mk2 xr2

had a 106 gti so would persume its very similar to that <3 that car

Im keeping my eye out for a minter over here, but if not might go accross just to have before i get back in rs

How much you pick it up for?

edit: early VTS came with the VTR wheels

J03

MX5 1.8
suprised you dont have any chav comments yet. probably because your a well known member and not a newbie.
i was after one at one point, much prefer the facelift tho, can pick one up for dead cheap now! insurance isnt bad either

Never above 25mpg
ZOMG you found a standard one??? Not my cup of tea at all but the female likes it and it's a females car (imo ;) ) so you must be in the good books!

Turbos.
My old man has just bought a car in that same colour and its horrific... but like you hes got a bargain so its excusable!

So, are you saying you prefer to the Clio or is novelty factor?

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Its not as refined as the clio but it just feels so much more old skool.

Id love to strip it and track it but the mrs says no!