ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new phone, iphone? other

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
my contract is up in 2 weeks and i need a new one, i want a new number as i still after 18 months get chavs from london calling me asking for some turkish girl called sevi :S

what phones are good, what contract?

currentkly have some nokia metal thing, quite fancy an iphone but are they worth it?

Yup, i've got one there good, although they wear off on you after a bit but still awesomely cool. And there pretty tough, mines been dropped so many times and is still faultless.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
they seem to be out of stock everywhere atm, is this likely to be the case for some time?

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i dont get paid till next friday prob all sold out then haha

and i need to buy new sustension and tyres for the golf, and new front suspension for the clio

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
They are great phones, but depends what you want it for....!!

If its for normal usage, calling, texting, mms, photos then dont bother, as its more difficult to use for basic features, and the txting isnt that good really. Plus camera isnt great and no MMS is just daft!

If you want it for all the other 10000000 features though and will make good use out of them and the unlimited free internet, email, etc, then get one for sure as they are s**t hot for gadgets geeks like me!

They are great phones, but depends what you want it for....!!

If its for normal usage, calling, texting, mms, photos then dont bother, as its more difficult to use for basic features, and the txting isnt that good really. Plus camera isnt great and no MMS is just daft!

Thats all I use it for really and ive still got one.

MMS installed. Texting is fine once you get used to it. Camera isnt gonig to win any award but for a quick snap its okay.

Wifi/Email is the only big feature that I use I suppose that id miss on a normal phone.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
How you get MMS working matey?

I am just comparing to a regular phone, I'm sure I'll get used to it. I do think the txting is a bit crap though, for example i wrote out a big txt the other day, was in the docs and had no signal at all, and couldnt do anything other than cancel the txt completely and start it again when I had a signal. Unless there is a way to save to drafts?

Im on the 1st iPhone, so I have SwirlyMMS which is great.

You get used to the texting.

Nop, thats one of the annoying things. No save/outbox.

Citroen DS3 DSport
If you are texting and find you have no signal then hit the home button and when you return to the SMS app screen it will be as you left it. Hit send, job done.