ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new redhead in the hood

hello folks,

my name is Elad, I am from Israel. just wanna note you have great forum with a lot of good info, I learned a lot from reading and looking forward to learn more.
a month ago I bought with my little brother 2002 clio 172 PH1 and just now I cleared some time to take few pictures of my beauty. so hello to everyone.
53rqyow.jpg

IMG_4314.jpg

cheers,
Elad.

Welcome and all that.

Car looks sweet, although I'm not too keen on the hang-low exhaust. I'd either (preferably) go back to stealth or (God-forbid) do a cut out in the bumper so it doesn't hang so low. That's just my opinion of course! :)

have a lot of plans for this sweety. 182 rear bumper and 182 2 exit back box, H&R coilovers (right now it has eibach springs and koni shocks), front and rear debadge, thought about a bad boy bonnet (anyone have pictures of PH1 with bad boy bonnet?) but maybe I'll just go for carbon fiber bonnet, PH2 door trims, already bought trophy wheels (speedline) and now they are on the way to my place thanks to sam (C.slicker).

cheers,
Elad.

ok folks, it's time for update.
what's new: mirrors, side strips and door handles were color coded, euro rear light thanks to russ from gasperformance.
clio go sidewayz
_MG_9626.jpg

_MG_9606.jpg

_MG_9618.jpg

Next time: cup spoiler (already painted it in the right color and got the brake light just need to fit it on the car).

cheers,
Elad.

hi am nick u think theses wheels look ok on me car look at ma display pic

few things:

1) Want to ask a question, start your own thread
2) Use proper english otherwise people will be much much less likely to help you
3) You haven't got a display picture or Avatar as they are refered to as this is a forum not MSN, as you are a Forum User, not a ClioSport Member as you haven't paid for membership

I know not everybody like the color coding, I really like it and it's very easy to get it back to standart.
thanks to rich_16v I have PH2 bumpstrips coming soon (I still doesn't know if I will color code them or if I will use them at all at the moment).
in the future I plan to go for CF bonnet if the group buy will go well. other option is to go for bad boy bonnet like this (picture #3) which I really like. also thinking about debadge (front and rear).
next summer I will visit germany and hope to come back with a set of turini wheels, these are the best looking wheels for clio.

p.s. I will install the cup spoiler this weekend and hope for good weather to get some pics (sadly I don't have pictures of the euro rear lights but will get some soon).

I normally hate bad boy bonnets but that looks quite good, makes it look like its frowning! :clown:

Make sure you have the bonnet modified though, not just light-brows like that one has!

A year went by and my clio had many upgrades. it's amazing how time goes by.

this is how the car looks like shortly after I got it:
28015483kf5.jpg

178kd8.jpg

62242026ei1.jpg

my clio on the right without lisence plate (the left side clio is stock and my clio had kobi dampers + eibach lowering springs):

img0487mu8zm7.jpg

first upgrade was color code mirrors, door handles and bump strips:

img1504cc5.jpg

and also fitted LED rear lights from Russ@gasperformance:

img2162lg0.jpg

then I fitted H&R coilover with camber bolts (you can also see that the driver side fog light replaced with a cold air feed hose which connected to a Simota air filter, I am still looking for caf that will fit there):

img2143ra4.jpg

here's a picture of the hillpower bend and the simota air filter:

beef34d1eacz5.jpg

next I fitted the hill power thermal gasket:

9a0d343398jc1.jpg

42a8a8b877dh2.jpg

also fitted a recaro bucket seat (which came off a porsche 911 GT2) with sparco 4 points harness.

img0860vd4cz9.jpg

the last upgrade is my faivorit one. here's the old original OZ wheels with SP9000 tyres:

043wk5.jpg

and this is the replacement (with Federal 595SS tyres):

d238195288ik4.jpg

now on the car:

imgp5153dw3.jpg

imgp5176lp4.jpg

imgp5212sb1.jpg

imgp5240lw7.jpg

It's been a great year with the clio, had a lot of fun. I also put a lot of money in it (timing + aux blet, replace all fluids, braided brake hoses, LED lights, PH2 silver interior door handles, silver handbrake button, etc').
I already fitted last week PH2 color coded bump strips. The weather isn't very good right now so I can't take pictures. I still looking for a CF hood and maybe will replace the inlets with ported ones.
I will try to keep you updated. merry christmas and a happy new year.

cheers,
Elad.

That looks very nice...Like those wheels.

think twice before you put wheels like these. mine are 13 offset and I have another set of 12 offset which I didn't even had a chance to install because these 13 offset touch a little bit in the front arches. I also had a lot of rubbing in the back but I opened the H&R coils to fully open mode (highest as possible) and it solve most of the rear rubbing (only when they get to full lock they touch the bottom of the rear bumper). buty has it's price :dapprove: