ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Router Needed!

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Yo!

My Netgear DGN2000 packed in last week (dreaded ethernet port issue due to the unit overheating and the chipset being made of chocolate).

Was looking to get a DGN2200 but apparently the latest firmware version is shat.

Any other suggestions?

I've been looking at the linksys WAG320N but the reviews aren't too good...

Cheers
Alex

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I have an older Linksys and its been solid as hell, can't comment on that exact version though im afriad :(

DMS

A thirsty 172
After all the troubles I've had with shonky Netgear kit, I'll never buy anything else from them again.
Linksys stuff is usually decent these days.
I've got very little experience with D-Link kit so I can't really comment.

If you're feeling flush, there's always the Time Capsule.

CLIO PH1 172
rather than starting a new thread i thought i would just use this one as i have the exact same question

but i currently have a D-link 2640 router which has stood well but just doesnt give the range i need !!

it was free with the bundle we get from talk talk, we might upgrade this deal which means they will through in another router, all i know is its called a wireless 'n' router ??

does anybody know if this will give better range if not what do people recommend, and does a new router nesseserly mean faster Internet ?

CLIO PH1 172
Will that give better internet range and faster internet? I don't need new phones, is that the white rouuter that stands up with the phone on a dock attached to the front? If so no thanks

Ford Fiesta Zetec S
im not sure about that mate, but its the black one with the phone infront of it! i know you dont need the phone but it comes with it!, we just got fiberoptic so got new router so its not being used at the moment lol

Clio 172 Cup
Am using my trusty D-Link DIR-615 and it's solid with my Virgin Media internet. Running Laptop x2, 2 phones, PS3 and 360 through it daily. Fairly cheap to pick up these days to.