ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New run-around

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Picked it up off Dani yesterday. Great car and a great lass!

Sorry about the poor pics. Just gave it a quick wash after getting in from uni

DSC_0103.jpg

DSC_0105.jpg

DSC_0106.jpg

I love the little thing. Handling is awesome and thats coming from a past 172 owner and a current Westfield owner.

Once i've got the Westfield sold and another car bought i'll turn it into a track weapon. 1.6 16V engine to replace the 1.6 8v in it and a cage and buckets etc etc.

Cupra
I used to have to 1.4 when I was younger. They are great fun. Test drove a 1.6 and it was a fair bit nippier!

Tungy
Very nice mate. Although myself I'd be tempted to keep it as it is as a daily drive. And turn the Westy into a monster track weapon?

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
A westfield is too fragile as a track weapon in my opinion.

Spent this morning changing the suspension settings now its spot on. Could do with some stronger brakes though. Some willwoods would look good behind the wheels.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Why do you say the Westfield is fragile for track use? That is what they are designed for after all.

Its fragile for track use because they just are areodynamic enough for any decent high speed. It gets twitchy over 80. They are also slow above 70 to the cutting the air like a brick. I'd rather track a hatch than one. They are good for a sunny day blast but thats about it unsless you take the windscreen off and fit a bike engine.

M2 Competition
On the airfield day on sunday there was an xsi, stripped out, with a vts lump in.

Was tres rapide! Probably one of my favourite cars there.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Thats what i'm planning.

16v enigne & ecu £300

Stainless manifold £150

Cage £200

Stripping free

Serious track weapon for £650 bones.

M2 Competition
Aye, will try find you a pic fella.

Was running rallye steelie's and coilovers i think, and a group n style skinny exhaust.
Dont forget buckets for the inside ;)

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
My mate has got a set of black cobra monaco's i'm trying to get him to part with. The skinny exhaust you speak of is the Pugsport one. Same as the one off grp N cars.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
You should be working.

Some time in the future i have to get those front speakers working and some new brake disks on the front becuase these ones vibrate the pedal like a mofo!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
lol the brakes don't vibrate when going quickly. Only once you get under 40.

D

Dani

Lol Don't drive it under 40 then...;) Shows what an attentive driver I am then as I never noticed!! Seriously though, I'm pleased you like it and I hope it serves you well as a track beast....:) (and also that you don't crash it like that cav..:eek: )

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Lol Don't drive it under 40 then...;) Shows what an attentive driver I am then as I never noticed!! Seriously though, I'm pleased you like it and I hope it serves you well as a track beast....:) (and also that you don't crash it like that cav..:eek: )

Dani while your here do you have the locking wheel nut key. As i can't find it in the car. If you have it i'll PM my address for you to send it to.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Is it in the ash tray?

Yeah lol although the ash tray took some finiding!

A westfield is too fragile as a track weapon in my opinion.

Erm... :S

This is why there are numerous race series for 7 based cars then! Possibly the best track cars you can get!

The ones which run in race series generally have more than 140bhp. Round a very tight circuit like anglesey mine would be awesome but on any track with a decent straight the lack of go above 70 would be very annoying.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Yes, Yes i do. Would you like to lend me some money so i can put a Honda S2000 engine in it?