ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new setup

Fiesta ST2
I got a few servers today. Hopefully be using them for an ESX Cluster. I've a Celerra with a single tray AX4 with FC disks...

4x2950s with 32GB ram each and 2x quad core with hyperthreading 2.43ghz Xeon procs.

Total spec is 128GB ram and 32 logical processors..

Anyone else any home setup pics? What do you use them for?

fzmt.jpg

Last edited:
  Rav4
I got a few servers today. Hopefully be using them for an ESX Cluster. I've a Celerra with a single tray AX4 with FC disks...

4x2950s with 32GB ram each and 2x quad core with hyperthreading 2.43ghz Xeon procs.

Total spec is 128GB ram and 32 logical processors..

Anyone else any home setup pics? What do you use them for?

fzmt.jpg

Will you be using 4.1 or 5.0?

4 nodes? or will one be a NAS/SAN?

Are they revision III'?

That's an awesome spec, excellent solid servers, energy efficient too. !! The only downside is that they are bloody loud !!

How much did you get those bad boys for and more importantly, are there any left?

Fiesta ST2
^-- like the man above says I've got vcp 4 so I'm looking to get VCP 5.0 and get my citrix exams which should compliment my EMC and MS ones!

Fiesta ST2
Well in all honesty I got them very cheap.. I was doing a hardware replacement exercise for them.. they wanted to know how they would get rid of them.. I offered them some £ so I got them VERY cheap :)

Rav4
Well in all honesty I got them very cheap.. I was doing a hardware replacement exercise for them.. they wanted to know how they would get rid of them.. I offered them some £ so I got them VERY cheap :)

I want some :(

Just about to upgrade our 2950's to 32gb as well :(

Want them for home though *nerd alert*

Fiesta ST2
haha well you'll hate my next update..

Tonight whilst recovering a EMC/Vmware environment I noticed the customer had a EMC CX300 sitting in the corner.. I asked what it was for and they replied "the bin".. 5 minutes later had it in my car.. for how much I hear you ask? For free! 15x 300gb 15k FC disks :D

ot1l.jpg

Rav4
haha well you'll hate my next update..

Tonight whilst recovering a EMC/Vmware environment I noticed the customer had a EMC CX300 sitting in the corner.. I asked what it was for and they replied "the bin".. 5 minutes later had it in my car.. for how much I hear you ask? For free! 15x 300gb 15k FC disks :D

ot1l.jpg

You're right, I hate you.

Are you using this at home?

I did the VCP 4.1 course, havent taken the exam, need to get cracking on 5.0, going to buy the training from trainsignal.com, they are awesome.

Need a better home lab, some of that would work wonders :)

Fiesta ST2
Its currently sitting at home yes but I'm looking to move it in to the office and host it maybe provide access using VMware lab product!! we'll see :)

I've done VCP 4.1 course + exam was a lucky pass (just a scrape!) but a pass is a pass:) ESXi 5.0 is not much different than ESXi 4.1 just a few different maximums etc!

Rav4
Its currently sitting at home yes but I'm looking to move it in to the office and host it maybe provide access using VMware lab product!! we'll see :)

I've done VCP 4.1 course + exam was a lucky pass (just a scrape!) but a pass is a pass:) ESXi 5.0 is not much different than ESXi 4.1 just a few different maximums etc!

Could I be cheeky and ask if you still have your revision material for the VCP 4.1 and if so, could I have a copy :) pretty please

Fiesta ST2
Yes mate I bought the VCP410 CertKiller PDF and read the two books you get at the course. Whats your email and i'll fire the pdf over?