ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Temp Sensor fitted....now other problems

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
To start with I was having problems with my cold start limiter sticking on. So I've replaced the temperature sensor.

Now my temp sensor goes to 1/4 way up when the car has been driven for ages. It rises up to 1/2 way when the car has been sat stationary for 10 mins however as soon as you move again the car drops down to 1/4 of a way. I'm guessing this could be the air hitting the radiator and cooling the car. I think this could be a faulty thermostat sticking open but would like others input.

Cheers

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I've just this minute fitted a new thermostat to my 172. (I done the temp sensor last week)

the needle in mine was going up and down like a sluts drawers, so far it seems to have cured it. Is your fuel economy okay?

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Fuel econemy isnt fantastic and it stinks of fuel, how much did a new thermostat set you back?

It seems to be running on cold start idle as well when I come to a junction/traffic lights etc

Fuel econemy isnt fantastic and it stinks of fuel, how much did a new thermostat set you back?

It seems to be running on cold start idle as well when I come to a junction/traffic lights etc
off topic but you got a UCH kicking about? just so i can plug it in to see if thats what my problem is with my lights.. drop me a text as il be off here in a min

Racing Blue Clio 182
Did you replace the wireing connector to the temp sensor as early 182s had an issue with the sensor and wiring connector and renault issued a repair kit with the sensor and a short loom and connector to wire in

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Did you replace the wireing connector to the temp sensor as early 182s had an issue with the sensor and wiring connector and renault issued a repair kit with the sensor and a short loom and connector to wire in

No mate never heard of that issue, so if I call wests renault they should know about it?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Do not pay someone to replace it, its 3 10mm bolts and if you're quick, you'll only need a top up bottle of type-d for any you do lose.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
The saga continues...

Had a good friend fit a new thermostat on the 182 whilst I've been away at the weekend hoping to sort out the problems I was having mentioned above. Thankfully it is not running so rich anymore and isnt idling as high, however the temp gauge still isnt sitting where it should be and the cold start limiter is still sticking on after a 20 min drive.

I'm confused and annoyed at the little b*****d, I'd love to know whats going on with it.

One last thing its running like a right pile of crap on idle, popping and spluttering.

Could the temp sensor fitted at Btm be faulty?

Mk2 Ph2 172
Could be the wrong temp sensor ???

Only real way to know what's going on is plugging into the car and seeing what the ecu is reading from the temp sensor itself !!!

Does the cooling fan stay on all the time ?