ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New to driving. New to forums.

Clio Campus Sport
I have recently turned 17, learning to drive and own a 2007 (57) Clio Campus Sport with 38 thou miles on the clock. The car has been owned by my stepmum since brand new so i know full well how well the car has been looked after (By my dad, he is abit of car perfectionist)

Im thinking of lowering it on 35/40mm K-Tec Springs + Shocks, Ive seen a few lowered on 60mm eibach springs.

Just wondering what will be involved in lowering it and what will i need to change to get the best from my car. Will i just need to change the springs? Or springs and shock?

Any Feedback would be great.
Cheers Guys :)

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
Welcome mate. Have you checked how much lowering the car will affect your insurance?

As above. Being young and new driver mods will likely increase your premiums a lot. Not declaring voids your insurance in the event of a claim so not worth not declaring.

If you've done the above then eibach sport lines work well on standard shocks and would be where my money was going.

Listerine & Poledo
WElcome aboard fella,

I'd focus more on the driving test than chucking money at the car first chap :)

As mentioned above, your insurance wont take well to you bolting on go-faster / cool-looking bits of gear and don't think of not telling them either!.

Get through the test and once you've passed, if you see a modification you want, take that money and put it in a savings account instead. Soon enough you could have enough to buy a car that was better/faster/better-looking/whatever out of the factory.

Best of luck too, I'd hate to have to do the modern driving tests

BMW M4; S1000 RR
That's a decent first car to get! Is it the diesel or the 1.2 ?

As everyone else has mentioned really, I wouldn't worry with 'upgrading' your first car. It will only devalue it and you're not going to turn it in a 172 either so just enjoy it how it is!

If you must spend money though, your best pound for pound 'mod' is going to be nice tyres.

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
welcome along, if your budget can stretch i would get coillies.

im running a set of bilsteins and love them! not too bumpy but handles well

Clio Campus Sport
Alright mate, its a 1.2 Campus Sport. Reading up on here i might just get a few years no claims under my belt then think about lowering her :).

Clio Campus Sport
Think ill give my insurance a ring, have a chat to them, i wouldnt do it without informingy insurance. Not worth the worry. Cheers for the feedback guys :). Much appreicated.

Clio Campus Sport
That's a decent first car to get! Is it the diesel or the 1.2 ?

As everyone else has mentioned really, I wouldn't worry with 'upgrading' your first car. It will only devalue it and you're not going to turn it in a 172 either so just enjoy it how it is!

If you must spend money though, your best pound for pound 'mod' is going to be nice tyres.

Meant to reply to you but didnt quote it. Its a 1.2 petrol. Im just going to get a few miles and no claims under my belt then maybe next yeah think about lowering it :). Cheers for the feedback, ill post a photo sometime soon. Get her out in this lovely sun!!

172 Iceberg Silver
Meant to reply to you but didnt quote it. Its a 1.2 petrol. Im just going to get a few miles and no claims under my belt then maybe next yeah think about lowering it :). Cheers for the feedback, ill post a photo sometime soon. Get her out in this lovely sun!!

Welcome.

Good option, No point throwing on the mods for your insurance to hit the roof.