ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new to the forums

Cliosport 182 Cup
Hello All,

Long time reader, first time poster.

Just wanted to say hello to everyone.

I am based in Australia and just bought myself a Clio 182 Cup about a month ago now. They are not a common sighting here which is a good thing, but parts pricing, etc can get pretty steep.

Anyway, hope to see you around.

G'day mate,

Welcome to cliosport! When you finished flipping those burgers on the barbie you should check out all the forum sections as there loads of devoted clio owners with their own opinions of what a clio should look and drive like.

If you don't like what they saying just tell em to rack off!

Mark

None ATM
Hey!!! im new to this forum aswell - and im from australia... i've fell in love with the clio's and i'm planing on buying one within the next 6 months. I have quite a few general questions that i want answered. Like, wat kind of cars does the 2.0L 16V clio beat(jap imports + Euro cars)... oh nd how much did u pay for insurance for ur car gibba ??? who are you with for your insurance??? and what are not too expensive parts i can buy to boost the power the cars output???

Cliosport 182 Cup
Hi Raj,

Since your from also from Aus... I suggest joining www.ozrenaultsport.com, its a good forum with lots of helpful advice and information. I had a long look here and there for info before I picked up my 182.

In terms of performance the 182 cup is quoted at doing 0-60mph in around 7.1secs, but I have read people saying they have done it in 6.8 or less. Thats pretty quick for such a small car, the Civic type r does it in around 6.6, and I think the Golf Mk V GTI does it in around 6.9. Suffice to say, you should be able to keep up with most competition, and around corners surpass.

Your best bet would be to do test drives on the car to see if its for you.

My insurance was $900AU (27yr old, rating 1, no accident history). I went with ING, which seemed pretty good. They are underwritten by CGU. It depends on what you are looking for. With ING you must use an agreed upon reparier, so you might not get who you want.... the best insurance for imports, but also more expensive is Shannons as they will let you choose repairer, etc.

In terms of performance boosts/mods, I cannot comment, as mine is still stock; I will eventually look at getting some, but prob not for a year or so (I need to pay the car off first). You will be able to find a lot of advice from people by searchin on these forums, and more specific to Australia (ozrenaultsport).

Hope this helps you out.

There were a couple of good reviews that I found that helped my decision....

http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring/news_reports/renault-clio-sport-review.htm

http://yahoo.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleDetail.aspx?ArticleID=8986

http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/car-reviews/car-and-driving/renault-clio-renaultsport-182-cup-1004565.html

E46 M3, x2 GTT, RS250
hello and welcome, I wish I lived in aus, is it true you have a lack of painters and panel beaters out there?

None ATM
Re: new to the forum

Heya Guys!!!
thnx heaps gibba - tho the ozrenaultsport site wont let me add usin my email address:S... but yeah - thanks heaps:D... how much did u buy ur 182 for??? was it new or second hand??? oh and any european enthusiasts i was wondering if you know of how to cheaply upgrade the car and increase alot of power???

BMW E92/Audi S3
Welcome! I was just thinking.. why the hell do people keep viewing New To ClioSport threads and not even saying welcome, how rude