ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New TV but which one?

LY 200
I am thinking about upgrading my Samsung 32 inch (wall mounted all sing and dance jobie but not 1080p) the weekend for a bigger unit but which one?

I have had the Samsung for a year, its done a good job and it looks great so im toying with the idea of sticking with that brand but have seen a few Tosh and LG ones that look quite good also!

I have between 6 and 700 to go on one and i want it to be above 40 inch but which one?

Heres a couple im looking at.....

Tosh - http://www.comet.co.uk/shopcomet/pr...ureEnd-_-LCD,_Plasma_&_LED_TVs-_-position

Samsung - http://www.comet.co.uk/shopcomet/product/577588/SAMSUNG-LE46B530P7WXXU or http://www.currys.co.uk/martprd/sto...kdhcflgceggdhhmdgml.0&sku=171598&page=Product

LG - http://www.comet.co.uk/shopcomet/product/528005/LG-42LH3000 or http://www.currys.co.uk/martprd/product/190750

RS Clio Trophy
as a rule Pioneers are pretty much the best all round tv's. LG's are also very good (they make the screens for all of them) i wouldent have another Samsung as mine has been rubbish

LY 200
I just get put off by LG as i sell an LG product for a living and dont have that much faith in them - I suppose there TV's could be a different story mind!

What has gone wrong with your Samsung?

A4 Avant
I've had 2 different Panasonic 42" Plasmas and both have had the best image quality (IMO) at the time of purchase. Never had a single problem and I'd highly recommend one.

Have 2 Samsung LCD's a 22" and a 32". Decent image quality and I like the looks. Again both have performed faultlessly so I'd recommend them.

LY 200
^Thats the thing that is making me want another Samsung Nigel - The looks! They just look fantasic imo!

Does anybody know how solid the Toshibas are? I suspect being Jap they are very good but having no first hand experience of them im in two minds!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Samsung 32" and Panasonic 50" at home, have previously had a 42" Samsung as well. The Samsungs are good, but the Panasonic is better, but then they are extra £££.

If it were me, out of your choice I'd go for the Toshiba, my dad has one and its better than Samsung.

Last edited:
  clio 172/Fabia vRS
I have 2 LG tv's and they're both great. Go on the richer sounds website and have a look. Definately buy lcd and not plasma. As others have said, there's nothing wrong with korean tv's in general. Just find the tv you want and look at it properly. It's like cars, a bit subjective. my parents have a 40 inch sony that won loads of awards and would be in budget now.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
also worth checking out John Lewis, they were at a time very competitive with free delivery and 5 years warranty.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
got a 42" Panasonic Viera plasma and it's superb, highly recommended

Now that Pioneer are out of the race.... The only option is Panasonic.

Otherwise your wasting your money on an inferior or overpriced product.

Rav4
The new samsung LED's* are fantastic.

6000 are good, 7000 are excellent, just went to see an 8000 yesterday and it was fantastic.

I have pioneer's at home, considering they are no longer in the game (big shame :( ) I will be going to a 7000 samsung next.

I used to be a hardcore sony lover, however, that has now changed.

RS Clio Trophy
I just get put off by LG as i sell an LG product for a living and dont have that much faith in them - I suppose there TV's could be a different story mind!

What has gone wrong with your Samsung?
The first one i had the sound went, got it replaced and 4 months later the on/off switch went

Have 3 Panasonics back at home, 46", 42" and a 26". Also have a 32" Samsung.

But yea, Panasonic is the way forward.

182 FF Inferno
Heard Panasonics are the best- although you pay a premium for it. Why are people saying don't go plasma??

I always thought anything above 37" was best to go plasma. Also thought plasma handled fasat moving images better- my LG lcd is useless when trying to watch football (great set apart from that though)

6/468 17poo
Ive been looking at TVs and the rents have a sony w5500 46", you can get a 40" for like £730 which seems pretty good deal and the contrast ratio is 1:1 which is apparently good?

Z4
Heard Panasonics are the best- although you pay a premium for it. Why are people saying don't go plasma??

I always thought anything above 37" was best to go plasma. Also thought plasma handled fasat moving images better- my LG lcd is useless when trying to watch football (great set apart from that though)

why do some people suck c**k when there's perfectly good minge about, who knows.

I have a 46' plasma pana and it's a lovely bit of kit.

Nissan Jewk
No no no! Cancel it and order the TX-P42G10B Panny for £779, its the next one up and its a beast! I nearly ordered the S10, but after researching on whathifi (which gives the G10 5*) and on AV Forums, I ordered the G10 yesterday.... Do it!

LY 200
^Iv already got it mate! lol

The G10 wasnt even available in the shops yesterday and i had to get hold of one somebody else was wanting my Samsung this weekend!

What is the difference?

LY 200
I would hope there not a massive difference though mate as i paid nearly £779 for mine yesterday! lol

I cannot believe how much noticeable difference a new TV and an HDMI lead can make to PS3 graphics/gaming - I have just had a few games on the FIFA for the first time since installing it and it is like playing a different game!

I dont know whether its the brand of TV, HDMI cable (which i wasnt running with the last Samsung) or the sheer size difference but whatever it is its magnificent!

dk

911 GTS Cab
can't go wrong with a samsung or sony.

i've had a samsung for hearly 4 years now and it hasn't missed a beat

Nissan Jewk
I would hope there not a massive difference though mate as i paid nearly £779 for mine yesterday! lol

I cannot believe how much noticeable difference a new TV and an HDMI lead can make to PS3 graphics/gaming - I have just had a few games on the FIFA for the first time since installing it and it is like playing a different game!

I dont know whether its the brand of TV, HDMI cable (which i wasnt running with the last Samsung) or the sheer size difference but whatever it is its magnificent!

What HDMI cable are you running with? Is yours wall mounted?

Mines coming on Saturday, 1 week to go and I simply cannot wait! Whats it like watching something on standard definition, i.e. eastenders?

LY 200
Just got a Belkin 2m jobbie from Currys mate - Was £39.99!

The whole thing is brilliant, whether it just be watching normal telly, digital, DVD's or the PS3......Im sure once you get it you will see what i mean!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Panasonic are not the best, but they are one of the best... they're not anymore expensive than other top brands though

Who said not to go plasma?