ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New TV ???

182 ff
looking for a new tv under £1000 anyone bought anything recently ??

been looking at the samsung ue46d5520 ? not bad i thought !

misses doesnt want a 3d telly either ?:S

Mito Sportiva 135
I got the LG PK590 - a 50" plasma with built in Freeview. Stunning design, internet connectivity, 4 HDMI ports, amazing value for money. You can get them for under £700 now and truly is stunning.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
I got the LG PK590 - a 50" plasma with built in Freeview. Stunning design, internet connectivity, 4 HDMI ports, amazing value for money. You can get them for under £700 now and truly is stunning.

+1
Go watch one in THX mode to change her mind. It's still the best value for money big TV on the market at the moment.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
My new bedroom LG LCD 32" was way under budget...

What do you want ? lol !

Why does she not want plasma, and why does she not want a 3D TV ?

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh why no to plasma? Can't see any disadvantage with it really - looks great on all TV, from soaps, to action films, to sport, to computer games...?

Only weakness, like most / all TVs, is the sound - you will want to invest in a sound system of some sort so work that into your budget if you haven't got one already. I got an LG system with 2 floor speakers and combined amp / BR player - works a charm.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
errr she wants a new telly not me i have a lovely one in my flat !!!!

You didn't tell us that.

She seems to be the technical guru on TVs knowing what she does and doesn't want ... why are you asking us ?

At the end of the day, they all basically do the same thing if you're watching re-runs of Friends on Sky1. TVs I mean, not women. Pick a budget (which you have done), work out dimensions available for size of TV and go to Richersounds .. pick one that meets all criteria, purchase it and go back to hers.

Then all you need to do is sit down, grab a beer and wait for dinner after she unpacks it, plugs it all in and mounts it (easy......) on the wall.

:approve: