ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Samsung Active Watch

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
So, I'm currently an owner of a Samsung Active watch 2, I've had this watch for a good few years from new.

Whilst on holiday, I went swimming with the watch on, not the first time it's been for a swim mind. However, it then got itself into a tis and repeatedly tried to reboot itself.

Now I've tried what the internet says but as soon as I connect it to power it just wants to reboot continuously again.

Has anybody else had this issue, tried something else or should I just trade it in "knackered" and get the latest one?

I sort of "need" the watch as I'm really active and it's fantastic for me keeping track without my TV (S21 Ultra) being in my shorts pocket trying to pull them down.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
So, I'm currently an owner of a Samsung Active watch 2, I've had this watch for a good few years from new.

Whilst on holiday, I went swimming with the watch on, not the first time it's been for a swim mind. However, it then got itself into a tis and repeatedly tried to reboot itself.

Now I've tried what the internet says but as soon as I connect it to power it just wants to reboot continuously again.

Has anybody else had this issue, tried something else or should I just trade it in "knackered" and get the latest one?

I sort of "need" the watch as I'm really active and it's fantastic for me keeping track without my TV (S21 Ultra) being in my shorts pocket trying to pull them down.

I've just gone through a good 2.5 month period of sending my galaxy watch 4 classic off to Vodafone for a very similar issue.

Used to use it for swimming last year, no issues. Used it from Jan onwards this year and it goes through a constant reboot cycle until I've stopped swimming or it's drained the battery completely dead.

Vodafone have now refunded me for the watch after I sent it off for inspection 4 times.
Was tempted to get the watch 5 but not sure I'll bother.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Have you tried a hard reset ?
I've tried the advice on Samsungs support page. However, even with the watch being dead, as soon as I connect it to any power it starts repeatedly rebooting 😮‍💨

Racky

ClioSport Club Member
  Minion Yellow
I've tried the advice on Samsungs support page. However, even with the watch being dead, as soon as I connect it to any power it starts repeatedly rebooting 😮‍💨
My watch 4 got in a boot loop after a reset, and I've done a hard reset(back and power buttons pressed together, and then select recovery menu) and it worked.

Racky

ClioSport Club Member
  Minion Yellow
Any chance the watch will turn off if you keep just the power button pressed for a good few seconds ? If it does, try the 2 buttons with it turned off.

Or, once the battery drains out from being on this loop, keep the 2 buttons pressed and put it on the charger(with buttons still being pressed), and maybe it will then go to the recovery menu.

Unfortunately, other than this, I am out of ideas.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Any chance the watch will turn off if you keep just the power button pressed for a good few seconds ? If it does, try the 2 buttons with it turned off.

Or, once the battery drains out from being on this loop, keep the 2 buttons pressed and put it on the charger(with buttons still being pressed), and maybe it will then go to the recovery menu.

Unfortunately, other than this, I am out of ideas.

As for it turning off it isn't on, it's dead already. It instantly starts that boot loop if I put it on charge.

I've come to terms it's actually fucked.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Motherboard was fucked.

£50 off a Galaxy Watch 5 in Black this afternoon.

20230416_195514.jpg

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Ordered the Milanese strap for it, doesn't have great reviews mind but we will see.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Can confirm Milanese strap is great, I dunno what all of the bad reviews were for.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I had an active watch 2 until I went in the pool with it on. They deffo don't like water 😂

It decided to drink it and died. I've since got a watch 4 and think they're great. I did try to fix the active watch 2 but even cleaning and drying it out properly it was in a constant bootloop. Had my active 4 for about a year now, the active 5 had just come out so were stupidly priced so went with the 4