ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New tyres, car all over the road

The car (182) had 4 PE2s. I got 2 F1s today. Had the F1s put on the back and the PE2s that were on the back moved to the front.

Now the handling at speed is terrible. You make a small turn at motorway speed and the car does a big wobble, difficult to explain.

I tried putting the F1s on the front and PE2s on the rear and the problem goes away.

I've had F1s before on my 172 and they were great. So I can't work out if the problem is because I moved the old rear tyres to the front or just that the F1s are rubbish on the back? I had them on the front in my 172.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
A guy once told me (no idea if its true....) That you should have directional tyres on the front of the car, and asymetrical tyres on the rear.

Like I said, No idea if he was talking through his bumhole.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Yeah, new tyres need 200-odd miles to scrub the shiny s**t off the top.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I've just put 4 toyos on mine and its all over the shop.

You just have to go easy.

alien green rs133
A guy once told me (no idea if its true....) That you should have directional tyres on the front of the car, and asymetrical tyres on the rear.

Like I said, No idea if he was talking through his bumhole.

the idea behind this is the asymetrical tyre heats up better on the back, a directional tyre struggles as it had different forces applied to in compared to that of a front/driving wheel

directional for driving wheels
asymetrical for non driving wheels

although there is not a problem putting directional on rear, just not ideal

saying that i have goodyear f1's all round car handles mint :cool:

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I found f1s feel wobbly then when you go past that there fine, just have to trust em.

(don't blame me if you crash and die)

Que crash pic

attachment.php

Just kidding that was October.

I've done about 150 miles, but mostly in snow and I couldn't get up to any real speed today to see what they were like.

I found f1s feel wobbly then when you go past that there fine, just have to trust em.

(don't blame me if you crash and die)