ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new tyres on the front but what?

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
i need new front tyres for my 172 but dont know what ones at the mo i have yoko's on the back and avon's on the front ( i brought the car like this)

anyway i work in a garage and have been giving a list of what i can get if you had any of these plz advise on whats best

ive got 195/45 16

is it worth going for 205?

any way the tyres are

avon zv5 80v
avon zv5 84v xl (dont think i need xl as my car aint that heavy lol)
conti premium-2 84h xl (speed rate is really low)
conti pre cntact 2 84v xl
conti spt contact 80v
dunlop sp9000 80v
goodyear eagle f1 gsd3 84v xl
goodyear eagle f1 gsd2 80w
hankook k105 84v xl
hankook k107 84v xl
mich exalto pe2 84v
pirelli po nero 84v xl
toyo px4 84v
yoko as01 84w

any others people would recomend pe2 seem to be most expensive where as f1's seem to be resonable any advice would be great as i need to order them 2moro

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
Yeah, I second the eagle f1 tyres had them on a few previous ones and they were always good. If the Toyo's had been the T1-R ones though, I would choose them everytime.

alien green rs133
steer clear of pirrelli, they are ok once you bedded them in but they are really really bad before.

n/a
i got some budget marshal ones for the front from qwik fit and there as good as the contis i had on before i know its unbelievable but honestly even in this weather they are good im a happy chappy at £50 a corner

HANKOOK VENTUS V12 EVO K110 fantastic tyre.... and a very good price

I'll second that, got them all round on my car and have performed really well in all weathers, even in the snow. Quite a stiff sidewall also which is great if you like a bit of spirited driving.

Previous to these I had Goodyear GSD3's and they were good in the dry, but wore quickly and the sidewalls felt a bit limp/soft even with a 195 profile.

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
What's the difference between f1 gsd2 and gsd3? What sizes are the v12 as I dobt have them on my list

What's the difference between f1 gsd2 and gsd3? What sizes are the v12 as I dobt have them on my list

The difference between the 2 Goodyears I believe is just the tread, think the GSD2 is also the old version to the GSD3... Dont quote me on that though.

The Hankooks come in a 205/45/16, I got mine from BlackCircles but after I bought mine I heard you can get them from Camskill for cheap!

Clio MK 4
im in the same position. looking to get new fronts. think i may be going for conti sports contact if the garage i go to have them.

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
ok so fitted my new tyre went for goodyear eagle f1 gsd3's and so far they are ace when my back ones wear out will def get some of these for the rear