ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre choice

2004 Racing Blue 182
I know, I know.

I have done a search, both on here and on google, but most threads are old.

So, what tyres are we all running on a 182 with cup suspension and Turinis??

I was thinking maybe Pirelli p-zero Nero got, or maybe Goodyear eagle f1.

Any other suggestions?

Car is used as a daily, so commuting to and from work every day, and for decent roads when I get chance.

Cheers guys

NV

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Mine had P Zeros on it when I got it and I still run them now. They wear very well, and give a decent amount of grip when pushing on.

PH2 172
Either push the boat out and go for the Michelin PS3 @ £78 a corner, or stick with the Rainsport 3 @£48a a corner you currently have and swallow the wear rate.
Dry grip with either will improve immensely with summer temperatures.
195`s don`t tramline as much as the 205`s do.

2004 Racing Blue 182
Either push the boat out and go for the Michelin PS3 @ £78 a corner, or stick with the Rainsport 3 @£48a a corner you currently have and swallow the wear rate.
Dry grip with either will improve immensely with summer temperatures.
195`s don`t tramline as much as the 205`s do.

£78 a corner from where??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2004 Racing Blue 182
What are the main differences between 205s and 195s??

I know I’ve got 205s on at the minute.

2004 Racing Blue 182
Not if you wear gloves.

So, whilst you’ve been dazzling me with your wit, ive been doing a bit of searching. [emoji23]

From what I gather, 195 is the OE fitment for Cup Turinis. 205 was OE fitment for 182s (not sure if that includes the Trophy).

@STEVE.M you don’t seem to be the only person mentioning tramlining with the wider tyres, something which I’ve noticed on specific roads locally on my 205s. The 195s apparently make the car a bit livelier too.

I think I’ll give the 195s a go seeing as how they are cheaper by quite a margin.

PilotSports defo the way to go?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I'd go for Rainsports 3's . I've been running them and Rainsports 2's for the past few years now . Fantastic grip in the wet , some people don't like them in the dry but I've never had a problem with them when pushing on . The wear rate is s**t , but I can live with that knowing how well they perform in the wet , and it rains hell of alot in the North West . Oh , and they're not bad in the snow as well . Go for the higher load rating of 87 , cos the sidewalls are a bit soft , you soon get used to the feel and add a couple of p.s.i extra than you normally would 35F 32R.
£62.90 plus delivery and fitting .
https://www.camskill.co.uk/m62b0s34...Eff_:_C_Wet_Grip:_A_NoiseClass:_2_Noise:_72dB

Had the Nero's on the 16" cup wheels and didn't rate them one bit, average in the dry and poor in the wet. The Rainsport is a better tyre but wear fast, Avon ZV7 get good reviews as do the Kumho KU39 which I can vouch for on the CTR I had. If premium I'd go with the Conti or the F1's, the PS3's get mixed reviews and are miles off the PS2/PS4 which aren't available for the 1*2.

Jon46

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
Thread bump ?

When I got my Full Fat 182 last April, it already had Toyo Proxes T1-R’s fitted.

I’m more than happy with them. Excellent grip when pushing on, driving on dry twisty roads.

They do seem a bit sketchy in the wet, or on greasy roads.

I had the same tyres on my old 300 bhp Nissan 200sx and again they were great in the dry. Wet, not so good, but a lot of that was due to the turbo.

I’m swapping to Turini’s soon, once they get refurbed and I’m seriously considering the Michelin Pilot Sport 3.

They seem to be the tyre of choice, and very good value from cam skills.

https://www.camskill.co.uk/m62b0s94...Eff_:_E_Wet_Grip:_A_NoiseClass:_2_Noise:_71dB

I’ve got Toyo T1-R’s as my benchmark, I’ll update once I try the PS3’s ??

On a side note:-

I have found this site that compares tyres, and they have a 182 cup pack section. (Plus other Clio’s)

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyres_For/Renault/Clio-182-Cup-Pack.htm

Maybe we could combine our collective knowledge, experiences and create something similar?

It’s a very common question :)

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Ps3s are far better than t1r, you wont be dissapointed. I had a set on my old turinis and handling was great in the wet & dry. The only downside i found was they fall to bits when used on track in dry weather.

Jon46

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
Ps3s are far better than t1r, you wont be dissapointed. I had a set on my old turinis and handling was great in the wet & dry. The only downside i found was they fall to bits when used on track in dry weather.

I’m not planning on doing track days, it’s a weekend toy :)

PH2 172
Thread bump ?

When I got my Full Fat 182 last April, it already had Toyo Proxes T1-R’s fitted.

I’m more than happy with them. Excellent grip when pushing on, driving on dry twisty roads.

They do seem a bit sketchy in the wet, or on greasy roads.

I had the same tyres on my old 300 bhp Nissan 200sx and again they were great in the dry. Wet, not so good, but a lot of that was due to the turbo.

I’m swapping to Turini’s soon, once they get refurbed and I’m seriously considering the Michelin Pilot Sport 3.

They seem to be the tyre of choice, and very good value from cam skills.

https://www.camskill.co.uk/m62b0s94p123600/Michelin_Tyres_Car_Michelin_Pilot_Sport_3_PS3_-_195_45_R16_84V_XL_TL_Fuel_Eff_:_E_Wet_Grip:_A_NoiseClass:_2_Noise:_71dB

I’ve got Toyo T1-R’s as my benchmark, I’ll update once I try the PS3’s ??

On a side note:-

I have found this site that compares tyres, and they have a 182 cup pack section. (Plus other Clio’s)

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyres_For/Renault/Clio-182-Cup-Pack.htm

Maybe we could combine our collective knowledge, experiences and create something similar?

It’s a very common question :)

https://www.camskill.co.uk/m62b0s94...Eff_:_E_Wet_Grip:_A_NoiseClass:_2_Noise:_70dB

To anyone knocking up some miles, and not taking every bend on 3 wheels, I`ve still have 7mm of tread left on my front`s after 4,000 miles in 10 weeks.

At £34 a corner in 195/50v15, I`m glad I took @[U]imprezaworks[/U] advice.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
You'll be sorted with PS3's. I'll be going back to them when my yokos are dead, which won't be too long by the look of them ?.

Oh, welcome to the turini club too?
flock-of-sheep.jpg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Yeah the Avon’s have been spot on. Zero issues in dry and the wet, would definitely recommend.

RS200
Got Nankang NS2R semi's on my 182. Really good tyre that heat up quickly. Car is for weekend use only though.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Same as me,how you getting on with them?.i was maybe going to try the Advan versions or just bite the bullet and get the PS3's next time.
I definitely felt a little worse from the PS3's and they were well worn! The yokos are a bit better with the b14's in running now as opposed to the firmer cooksport springs. If PS3's were out of budget I'd go S-drive again, but they would be second choice.