ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New tyres

Tangoed Works
Not sure if anyone has seen this before, but it is rather unusual.

image00111.jpg

image00222.jpg

image00331.jpg

Yea that's a picture from a few years ago. I can't se the sidewall being very stiff :D, they loko a bit soft don't they! Probably got a long way to go before that can of tyre is going to be considered.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Why? The rubber on a normal tyres is only about as thick as on there.

They look ugly as f**k, And like something from horse and carriage times.

But i can see them being useful for cars, seeing as they cant be punctured (if that rubber on them is solid), Probably bullet proof eventually etc.

Tangoed Works
prob gives better fuel economy and less road noise as those fins could potentially tune it out and it should weigh less. looks gash though.

B

Brown.

surely you guys know what run flats are.... or are these instead of runflats ?

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
surely you guys know what run flats are.... or are these instead of runflats ?

I read an article in Auto Express (some years ago) and I think it was an alternative to run flats. I don't think the intention was to sell them looking like this, they would have a side wall. They just didn't have a side wall in these so they could demonstrate how the tyre worked. I think I'm right in saying that.