ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New walk about lens - Nikkon 16-85

I wanted a decent good quality walk around lens and previously had the 18-200. This was a very versatile lens, but had a few down points.

I then managed to pick up this 16-85 fairly cheap and first impressions are very good.

Its fairly light, the zoom is nice and tight and it has full time manual over ride. Its by no means fast glass, but gives an excellent range in a fairly compact package, plus it has VR too.

I only got it this morning so I have not had much chance to explore its full potential...

Here are a couple of pics taken and 100% crops (these were taken through glass). Its a bit dull outside, but here you go:

DSC_0001small.jpg

DSC_0001crop.jpg

DSC_0002small.jpg

DSC_0002crop.jpg

DSC_0005small.jpg

DSC_0005crop.jpg

I got it for £280 delivered - mainly due to the numpty who sold it listing it slightly wrong!

Its selling new for £400 which seems damn steep for a standard speed lens, but I am pleased with it comparing with the price I paid.

It has 2 ED glass elements, metal mount and goes wide enough for my needs, just need to start saving for a nice telephoto now.

Expensive hobby this DSLR business!

Its selling new for £400 which seems damn steep for a standard speed lens, but I am pleased with it comparing with the price I paid.

Chuffin eck! Assumed this must be a 2.8 or something at that RRP but then had a nosey on Warehouse Express and realised a Nikon 2.8 lens at that sort of length would be about £900!

Seems like a cracking lens though, nice focal length and after experiencing VR I know how good that can be.

Fiat Panda 100hp
I'm confused regarding the cannon/nikon issue too. What are you rolling with now? Actually i'll check flickr and see.

D60, 16-85, SB-400 (+ 70-300 and 50mm coming soon!)

ukaskew - yeah the Nikon F2.8 is re-mortgaging money!!