ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New York. New York.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
The wife booked us 5 nights. Done a hell of a lot of walking, visited most of what we wanted and took a massive amount of photo's.

Here's a few that I have edited so far. I'll update the thread when I carry on with the editing.

View from the hotel room.
12957765403_622a5a257d_c.jpg

Through the lens by A_Cro, on Flickr

Empire state viewed from the top of the rock.

12957847253_08e0acbb80_c.jpg

Empire state by A_Cro, on Flickr

Empire state building.
12957716245_fc073fa788_c.jpg

Skyscraper by A_Cro, on Flickr

Downtown, viewed from Empire state.
12957828853_c1119eff59_c.jpg

Buildings by A_Cro, on Flickr

9/11 memorial

12957571155_d6ceaf3154_c.jpg

Rose by A_Cro, on Flickr

Alternative view of Brooklyn bridge
12936167164_f81cc35e3a_c.jpg

Brooklyn wires by A_Cro, on Flickr

And my favorite shot from the trip, shot from Brooklyn park of Manhattan.
12935126675_760dd79786_c.jpg

Manhattan by A_Cro, on Flickr

C&C more than welcome.

Megane GT
Excellent photos, love the Brooklyn ones. NY is so photographic, I took so many when I was there. What programme did you edit your photos on?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers guys. Loved the place. Definitely visit again. Hopefully with sharper glass next time.

Jane - I use Lightroom to edit all of my images.

Mark - I have another few shots like that, I might post one up once you've figured it out ;)

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I'll have a look at that now in Photoshop.
Edit - Done and looks so much better. Cheers.

Last edited:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Some great photos there :) Loved New York when I went - so full-on and manic.

Money no object, I'd love an apartment there. But I could never live there permanently - it would do my head in!

D.

Fantastic photos, love how every single person who goes to NYC comes back with completely different styles of photo.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers for the feedback guys. Still ploughing through some pictures.
The Manhattan one has done pretty well on 500PX too. Made the 'upcoming' yesterday.

Another one I like is this one, taken from the High Line.
12991482404_d9cb63fe96_c.png

Escapes by A_Cro, on Flickr

And another, from the top of the Empire state using the Opteka 6.5mm fisheye.
12991068045_faf62bea28_c.jpg

Fisheye view of Manhattan by A_Cro, on Flickr

Did you enjoy the High Line? One of my favourite places in NYC now, really want to go back for an evening stroll one day.

BG Clio 182
Fantastic set of shots lovely processing. Love New York such a lively city so much to see.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Did you enjoy the High Line? One of my favourite places in NYC now, really want to go back for an evening stroll one day.

Yeah it was really nice. Will be great once it's finished.
With it being winter, the trees were bare. I imagine it looks lovely in the summer, would be a very nice evening walk in warmer weather.

Thanks Titmuss. It's a place everyone should visit at least once to appreciate the sheer size of the place.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Some nice shots, my personal opinion though is to have more colour, don't think they all need to be black and white.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Some nice shots, my personal opinion though is to have more colour, don't think they all need to be black and white.

Cheers. I've got some more that I'm going through which are in colour. The ones I posted looked better in black and white I think, especially the Manhattan one as there was very little colour that day.
I'll chuck some more up later or tomorrow.

RS
Great set of pictures. Can I ask what you took with you equipment wise - were you trying to go light or did you cater for everything?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Great set of pictures. Can I ask what you took with you equipment wise - were you trying to go light or did you cater for everything?

I took pretty much everything that I owned with me.
Canon 550d, 50mm 1.8, sigma 10-20mm, Canon 55-250, my mates opteka 6.5 fisheye and a small flash which I forgot to take out with me. I only used the 55-250 for one or two shots I think, I mainly used the opteka and the 50mm.

BMW Z4
Loved NY, i was there in July unfortunatley didnt spend much time taking photos and the ones i did take were more tourist photos more than anything would love to go back for a photography trip but i reckon the overwhelming feeling NYC brings to me would sidetrack me yet again. Great photos by the way!