ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie from Suffolk

2002 Clio sport 172
Hi people,

Picked up my 172 last night, absolutely loving it. I have never owned a Renault before but this forum looks very helpful.

Cheers.

2002 Clio sport 172
Hi guys cheers for the warm welcome.

Its a 2002 Black Clio 172 just hit 100k its been lowered on Apex springs, painted rocker cover, bonnet bra and yellow fogs and thats about it.

but got it for an absolute steal.

just been MOT'd and taxed, advisories on track rod ends, exhaust blow (rear box has snapped away from the pipe)

So they will be done asap. Also need a decent set of brake discs and pads any recommendations?

here are some pics after a quick clean after work.

IMAG0623.jpg

IMAG0622.jpg

IMAG0625.jpg

IMAG0626.jpg

Illl keep an eye out for you lot.

ph1 172
For brakes, see G172 on here. He is a trader so look in the trader section. His service is perfect and prices to match. Brembo H/C discs with Brembo OE pads will be fine for road work.

2002 Clio sport 172
ok mate cheers i need to sign up to view parts for sale eetc will do it soon enough just started new job.

Need a new back box as mine has snapped and is making a right noise any ideas where is best for those?

2002 Clio sport 172
is it in ok condition?

And by the looks of the cat where it joins is bloomin rusty so reckon it would take a bit to get off.

Or cut the bolts and join it up

2002 Clio sport 172
The misses is going to see how much she can get a new one for as she gets it at trade price but ill let you know.

2002 Clio sport 172
Also when pulling away in first gear a little fast i get a good clunk which sounds like the front gearbox mount, does this sound right?

2002 Clio sport 172
Ah Awesome i am always in Mildenhall, Got to change my brake pads and discs today as mine where shot when i bought it. then will be replace the exhaust system and sort the bloody rattly heat sheilds out.

2002 Clio sport 172
yeah am alright, and either to be honest just need something to go on it so it doesnt sound like a tractor.

Titanium 182
If you need a hand let me know! I have a standard system here im not going to need if you fancy it

2002 Clio sport 172
ah cheers paul i would like someone who knows these cars to come have a look at it, and i only need the rear box if you got that?