ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie Help

Clio 1.4 16V
Hi, i am needing help on a Clio 1.2 1999 RT that was involved in a crash but i am repairing or getting repaired what i can't do.

1. Firstly does this model have Central Locking? I only got one key with it and when i lock th drivers door none of the others lock but they all do when i use the button on the centre console, and there is an ifra-red thing on the roof console, also the boot lock inside the actually car body has been removed would this top the CL from working?

2. If i got a boot lock from the scrappies does this mean i can't open the boot asmy key wont work will it?

3. My Renault Stereo doesnt switch on at all could this be because the battery has been disconnected and if i put a differenet stereo in it will work perfectly and wil the controls on the indicator stalks work?

4. I can't open the bonnet, the lever inside the car doesnt do anything and pulling the handle under the bonnet doesnt do anything either, how can i get the bonnet up?

5. The seat belt pre-tensioner has gone off, im getting one from a scrapyard but does the whole seat have to come out to fit the new one, and this should extinguish the air bag light on the dash shouldnt it?

I think that is all, if there is anything i will post it on this thread,

Thankyou for any help you can give, will be greatly appreciated

Regards

MAtt

Clio 1.4 16V
6. The LCD display above the Stereo doesnt work either, i presume this displays the time and outside temp, even tho the time in on my speedo.

Civic Type-S GT
1. If you have a button on the centre console then you have CL, sounds like the key doesn't work though - it should lock all the doors.

2. your key wont work in it, but the central locking should still lock and unlock it (if you get a full boot lock including solenoid)

3. If the battery has been disconnected then you'll need the code to get the stereo to work, it will be asking for a code but because your LCD isn't working that's why you can't see it. New head unit (aftermarket) will work though.

4. sounds like the handle inside the car has become disconnected, jack the car up and you should be able to open it manually.

5. sorry, no idea

6. LCD display shows the radio station/cd track no. etc. Only certain models had outside temp display, not sure if yours is one of them. As for getting it to work, i'm not entirely sure - check your fuses see if any have blown.