ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie Problems (Gears & cutting out)

PH1 172, Yamaha R6
Hi all im new here & to renault in general. Ive bought a clio 172 this evening & before i got it home i had problems. first up, stopped at the petrol station, realised the pump was on the other side, went to move it but it wouldn't go in any gear. I phoned the geezer i bought it from & he said jam it in reverse to clear the gate. I did & it did. Is this a common problem?

Secondly, a couple of times when slowing down to a stop the revs have dropped to below 500rpm & then its cut out. Could this be cause the cars been sat for a while?

Cars going back on sat but would like to know your honest opinions.

Cheers

www.renparts.co.uk
gearboxes can be a bit odd in clios and sometimes you need to select another gear when stationary and return to the one you were trying to select. Revs dropping low like that could be any number of sensor faults, but most likely throttle body if its a ph2.

Clio 182
Ive replied to your pm matey about this car, its a bit of a shed tbh, take it back and buy a better one for the money........... i did after looking at this one