ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

newby, couple of q's

Hi all, newby here, names Craig, i'm 23, live near manchester and have a bad cliosport itch i need to scratch. Been recommended the site by a good friend (philmots) thought it was about time i posted.

Basically i'm after a 172 full fat, and have 6k to spend give or take. Was wondering what i could get for my money and what should i be looking out for? Nearly bought twice but had second thoughts as it seems to be a buyers market at the moment.

Also i was wondering how the new 197 will affect prices..... should i wait afew more months?

Apologies if these q's have been asked many times before but i need to get in one quick to give my old man a run for his money against his M3 CSL!

Thanks in advance

106 GTi
Welcome to CS.

Run for the money in his CSL, best look for something more than the 172!

Ad

MK2 FRS
Thes a cracking value cup forsale in the Forsale section......

On the subject of the 197 and the budget you have, i wouldnt expect a lot of depricaiton tbh mate.

M3 CSL... nice. Dream car of mine:)

True, i'll just tell him its a diesel and try and catch him off guard!

Would you say only the 182 to be hit by depreciation then?

Turbos.
With your budget i'd guestimate you'd get a 172 from 2002 with about 40k on the clock. If you can find a car better than that for the money then you're probably on to a winner!

Chris n nic said:
Rich is spot on...you`ll need a 172 Cup ;)

Chris

Come to think of it was out in the CSL the other day and came screaming up behind a 172, he dropped a cog had no problem keeping up with him on the straight but we came to a roundabout and he just dissappeared! Even with the semi slicks too. Caught up to the guy and asked him if it was standard, it was. Thought how this could be as he dissappeared once again then i realised the hanbrake was still on :rasp:

But seriously, i've seen the 172 cup in the for sale section, soooo tempting but to be honest i don't think i could put up with the low rent interior, i do 20k miles a year and want to be sat in a nice environment (in other words i'm abit of a snob :eek: ;) )

Haha i can see where this is going straight away, i'm going to end up in a cup here aren't I!

Do the interiors match up though? so far i've only looked at full fat versions. Please excuse my ignorance!

Turbos.
If i did it all again i would of got a Cup. Bite the bullet and go for it. The 172 isn't a luxury car in any shape or form.

BMW Something-or-oth
TOONEY said:
Hi all, newby here, names Craig, i'm 23, live near manchester and have a bad cliosport itch i need to scratch. Been recommended the site by a good friend (philmots) thought it was about time i posted.

Blimey.. the youngster Mr Toon gets everywhere ;) Fancy seeing you here. Just signed up myself to find out about the RS trackday on Friday.. as i'm popping along to have a gander :)

Now then fella, bet you won't guess who this is :evil: