ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newcomer to DSLR Photography

Monaco Blue Mk2
Alrite lads.

I'm really interested in photography and I'm wanting to get myself a DSLR.
Obviously I'm going for an entry level camera and have pretty much decided on a D40.

I have seen the offer on Amazon with the £40 cashback from Nikon.

I was just wondering what you lot think of any of these and what sort of price I should be thinking of paying.

This one is standard kit plus a 55-200mm Nikon lens
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....=330262871627&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:PIC&ih=014

This is standard kit plus 2gb card, cleaning kit and bag
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=280258306621&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=018

This is standard kit plus 4gb & 2gb card, Nikon 55-200mm lens, a pretty good looking lowepro bag and lots of cleaning gear.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....=250285407572&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:PIC&ih=015

I'm just after a bit of advice really, which of these would you go for, what sort of price should I pay or am I best buying form Amazon with the £40 cashback.

Thanks.

Monaco Blue Mk2
^OK, thanks for that advice. I don't even know if I'd need/want the 55-200 I just thought they looked like fairly decent deals with what's included. Any idea what would be a good price for each of the ebay auctions? The first one ends very soon so I doubt I'll get a response asking about the VR on the lens but I'll try.

All depends what you want to be taking pics of!! Maybe just get the kit lens first, start snapping and see what you need from then on!

Monaco Blue Mk2
That's probably the best idea really. I'd be taking pictures of all kinds. Buildings and architecture, landscapes, a bit of sports (football, cricket, golf, motorsport) I understand that for the best results these would all need different lenses.
I like the look of the shots you can get from the 10-20mm for buildings and landscapes etc, I also know these aren't cheap though!
Ideally I suppose I'm trying to get something that would be best all round for now/the best deal for me.

vers le haut doigt milieu
if ur a novice, get a SLR for less then £300, you would want one to find one with a programmable white balance feature and get a filter kit before u get a lenes kit...

then pretty soon you'll be doing things like this!
9.jpg
But I started off on film so its always been hard for me!

Monaco Blue Mk2
Yeah, I was looking at paying around £220 for the D40kit.

I was interested in these on ebay as they include another lens for not much more.

That's a good shout on the filters. I've seen people posting up on here about attachments and filters they've got off ebay for not very much, seem to be getting good results.

Oh yeah, I like the idea of shooting topless women soon. Is there somewhere I can sign up? ;)

vers le haut doigt milieu
no u cant sign up they ask you! the thing you have to remember is no matter what lens you have its the quality of glass that makes the difference, same goes for filters. I used to use a D40, there perfect cameras they dont have a progarmmable white balance range but u only really need it when u get more into ur photography. Learn how to live manual focus aswell.

172 mk2 Iceberg
ask the ebay sellers if it is uk sourced else you might not be able to claim the cash back off nikon