ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Next Car.. advice needed!

Cupless
OK so after my little accident last week my Cup has been declared an "initial" write off, as expected really!

Returned to work today, and already had enough of public transport so I really need to get back on the road.

Insurance payout should cover all outstanding Finance but I'll be left with very little if anything from it, so I'm basiclly back to square one, no car to trade in, no NCB and I'm only 19 :(

Some people suggested a little 100bhp Panda which seems pretty cool (and only group 5 insurance!), but anything I'm overlooking here?

Thanks for any ideas!

(And i've just realised i've posted this in media, sorry!!) :x

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The 100hp pandas are wicked!! i drove one a few weeks back when we were testing them against The new Twingo.

Have you thought about a twingo GT? they go like stink! 1.2 Turbo.

Cupless
Yeah I saw them up at Renault the other day, looked pretty cool but Insurance is key, what group are they?

Cupless
It's gonna be a few years before I can afford to splash out on insurance for a cup or anything similar insurance wise so a newish car seems the best bet, something that will last the duration, maybe beyond and have low running cost. Can prob afford around 10k on a car, depending on what it is!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Just buy something Cheap n Tidy for a little while and save hard and then get a Nice Car again in a years Time!!

Cupless
One of the things im thinking, but my claim is going to show on any insurance quotes for 3 years (for some insurers I think they ask for 5) and thats going to ruin my chances of getting a Cup or anything of a similar insurance group.

Pretty screwed either way, and If I did get a new car, it would last whilst I pass the 21yrs + NCB range!

a green 1
on some that are imported on the log book there on there as a starlet a normal 1.3 not a starlet glanza 1.3turbo :evil: so he could get lucky...............

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Just get a normal car and ride the storm out.In a couple of years you will have a better view of whats what