ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nexus 7

Octy VRS
Think I may go for this too. Not too fussed about SD card with the rise in cloud storage and HDMI out is pretty pointless for me. It'll be good out of the box without fiddling about and it should have decent support.

Titanium Clio 182
Picked one of these up on Thursday. Impressed so far. Works as per expectation, no probs (some reports of units shipping with odd dead pixel at top right, or screen coming unattached from the casing), it's smooth, responsive, and comes with 15 quid to spend in the app store. It's a keeper. :)

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc
Picked one up for a relative which arrived last week. Quite easy to get setup and running and does what it says on the tin.

Came with £15 of free store credit too!

It was also nice to hold in one hand for certain tasks rather than the bulky iPad all the time. The rear back was nice as well and should prevent scratching being a rubbery material.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I'm picking one up tonight from Tesco (16 gig).

To be honest, it's a no brainer (especially at the 8 gig price). It's priced to put the frighteners on Amazon (and potentially Apple if the rumours of a smaller iPad are actually true).

Will let you know what I think of it.

Getting good reviews from what I've seen.

I'm tempted by one but I just don't think I'd use it, not because it's Android, just because I don't really ever have a period where I feel the iPad is too big.

If I got a train/bus everyday then I think I'd probably get one. Although in general I do just prefer to read an actual book.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Verdict, I like it.

Ok, so inevitably it's not as smooth in places as an iPad, but, at £159 or £199 it's a bargain. I mainly want to use it on the train during my commute (tethering), I try to avoid taking the laptop as it's so fricking heavy and I once left it on the train. (Please ensure you take all your belongings when leaving the train....)

I actually like the form factor, it feels like the experience that I want on my phone - it's a perfect size for portability but the iPad still regins supreme if browsing on the sofa.

Android has certainly come along way since its first release and it's getting increasingly difficult to knock it - fragmentation still comes up, but if you buy "google experience" devices (i.e ones sold by google) this shouldn't really be an issue.

This has me pretty much sold on changing to the next google phone, there are so many things in Android which for whatever reason Apple don't want to implement (and getting more irritating as every release that goes by), but would make everyday usage so much easier.

Go buy one, you won't regret it.

Mito Sportiva 135
I'm hoping they bring a 10" out, for the pure fact I want an SD slot and HDMI-out (of some sort), then I'd replace my Xoom with one.

Very nice specs for the money though regardless of how you look at it!

Same mate, if they did that then they would be onto a winner. Can't really justify it right now as I have a PC and a GS2...this isn't different enough from my handset.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Had a play with one in PC world a couple of days ago. Lovely. The out the box interface is very similar to what I've spent ages getting my Aurora II to be like. Personally I enjoy the modification and rom flashing side of things, but i I wanted out the box, this would be it no question

ph2 clio 172
I just got the nexus 7 it really is great.

Dan like you I enjoyed flashing my other tablet a hanspad, that now has ICS which I thought was pretty good ( no ipad killer but more then usable).

the nexus 7 smashes it out the park though, great resolution, films look great, really quick and no screen lockups.

well worth the £200.

Mito Sportiva 135
Are there rumours of one of these coming out with a larger screen? That's what I am waiting for really...

Or should I consider a Samsung Galaxy tab instead?