ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NG53 VLA - anyone know this car?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
As above. I'm going to look at it tonight. The history seems a bit sketchy so I thought I'd ask here.

It's a flame red 2004 172.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Not in Clevedon is it Dan? Looks familiar and there's a 53 plate flamer that goes around here.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
So, I get there and it's filthy. Got the wrong carpet in it (cup carpet) and it's had a headlight and a new front wing at some point. And the rear bumper is mullered.

I carry on looking as it's got some lovely bits on it (new bilsteins, pms ARB, spacers, stud kit, brand new sabelt steering wheel etc etc) and then I ask for a drive....

Didn't even make it out of his street and the diff/box is absolutely howling it's tits off.

But I bought it anyway. For 50% of his asking price.

I'd just like to thank numerous members of CS for the messages warning me about the car. @Dan@SJM and @Darius went out of their way to speak to me. This club is FANTASTIC at times.

<3

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
So, I get there and it's filthy. Got the wrong carpet in it (cup carpet) and it's had a headlight and a new front wing at some point. And the rear bumper is mullered.

I carry on looking as it's got some lovely bits on it (new bilsteins, pms ARB, spacers, stud kit, brand new sabelt steering wheel etc etc) and then I ask for a drive....

Didn't even make it out of his street and the diff/box is absolutely howling it's tits off.

I'd just like to thank numerous members of CS for the messages warning me about the car. @Dan@SJM and @Darius went out of their way to speak to me. This club is FANTASTIC at times.

<3
Wow 50% off, that is good going especially as a new box or Agency refurb wont be too expensive. What are your plans for it? is it just going to be a fun car ?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy

<3
So you asked for advice, got warned about it, but bought it anyway....typical CS way

:p xx

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Wow 50% off, that is good going especially as a new box or Agency refurb wont be too expensive. What are your plans for it? is it just going to be a fun car ?
A car for work commuting and sporadic track days.

It's got sticky tyres and £700's worth if coilovers! Be rude not to.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443559266.584374.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I have a 182 gearbox available, i'd want good money for it though is i like having a spare or 2.
What do you call good money?

I'm kicking myself. I had a 32,000 mile one but it was sat in the corner if my garage for so long I sold it on here for £100. Idiot.

Bolted diff, i havnt tried the box but i bougth from a lad who broke his 182, bought a load of bits from him, he swore to me the box is good, can put you in touch with him via facebook, i have since broken 2 x phase 1 172's so have 2 other boxes (and i need one with a speedo drive so will sell the 182 one)