ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nifty Fifty' Goodness

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Got this Lens yesterday for my birthday, went for the cheaper 1.8 - the images coming out of the camera are amazing ... total sharpness.

Took it around London yesterday to have a play, took this in Hyde Park:

daffo.jpg

I think I'm going to have some fun with this one!

Cupra
Nice snap. The 1.8 is a bargain lens. How are you finding the focus?

Now I don't have a 50 in my bag I am missing mine a bit. You always want what you don't have.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Cheers Tigger!

The focus is a but slow, I have a 70-200L so the focus is usually instant!

However, I'm not going to be photographing moving things with the 50, most things will be tripod based I guess so I won't really be in a rush to take the snap!

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Think they've gone up in price now - girlfriend paid approx £90 quid - but went through Quidco so should get approx 20% back in a few months ... she got it from BestBuy.

Cracking little lens - tempted to buy a light box now for some more fun!

182FF with cup packs
Sorry to sound dumb, but whats the benefit of a 50 over say a 18-55 kit lens :eek:

The 18-55mm kit lens is f3.5-f5.6, the 50mm is f1.8. Really fast lens for the price. It's a prime lens though, so you got to be at the right distance to take your pic.

Cupra
Think they've gone up in price now - girlfriend paid approx £90 quid - but went through Quidco so should get approx 20% back in a few months ... she got it from BestBuy.

Cracking little lens - tempted to buy a light box now for some more fun!

Just build one! 10 minutes with some paper and tape and you are done. I build them, then bin them when I'm done. Might do another one tonight for the Feb comp if I get my work finished. :)

3212408538_fae8901087.jpg

How to make a lightbox - Part 1 by .monk3y, on Flickr

3211562643_f849173f64.jpg

How to make a lightbox - Part 3 by .monk3y, on Flickr

"Navy" N17 TWO
haha - you know me too well (bites nails)

Seriously though the "Nifty Fifty" is a cracking lens, I love mine :)