ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nikon d40 camera...

mk5 fiesta zetec s
yeah mate got mine for xmas for 240 quid with a 4gb card. iam gettin abit more used to all the settings but the pictures come out very good. have a look at some reviews mate on youtube.

Golf TDI
i have always had small digital cameras but tbh after seing brilliant quality photos from people with slr cameras i really want one and tbh feel like treating myself . will look on you tube now . :)

Love my D40, got it for Xmas, don't regret it at all!! would recommend it to anyone! If you don't have a collection of lenses already (like I didn't) the autofocus isn't a problem, as you will need to buy lenses anyway, and it doesn't limit you that much! Only thing I cant find is the bulb setting for long exposures! Might have one, and it might not!

If its like my D50 mate, stick it in M and scroll all the way to the end, will be after 30".. Then its click for open, click for close on the shutter. Easiest with a remote..

Found it :) Ha ha well chuffed!

If its on S mode there is no bulb function, hence why i couldn't find it!! There is on M mode though :)

Have to hold shutter button on camera, but with remote its click on, click off!! Awwsum!! had been looking for that for ages, but keep forgetting to take book out with me!!

Found it :) Ha ha well chuffed!

If its on S mode there is no bulb function, hence why i couldn't find it!! There is on M mode though :)

Have to hold shutter button on camera, but with remote its click on, click off!! Awwsum!! had been looking for that for ages, but keep forgetting to take book out with me!!

I did the same as you, went all the way to the end on S and didnt think it was there. I asked Chris (ukaskew) and he told me thats where it was! :)

I did the same as you, went all the way to the end on S and didnt think it was there. I asked Chris (ukaskew) and he told me thats where it was! :)

In theory, am I right in saying that it doesn't matter what F stop you use, as you can just leave the shutter open longer, so you only want to adjust F stop for DOF?

(Sorry OP, thread hijack)

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
In theory, am I right in saying that it doesn't matter what F stop you use, as you can just leave the shutter open longer, so you only want to adjust F stop for DOF?

(Sorry OP, thread hijack)

Yeah but usually with long exposures you will find that a high F is needed to help on getting most of the shot focused. Well thats how i tend to use it any how.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
oh yeah i remember sorry, havent used a tripod for a while

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Maybe a noob camera, but in the right hands it can produce stunning shots which will rival anything.

yeah its quality and im a noob, my only issue is that it doesnt Auto bracket with the exposures. Whereas equivalent canon does.

Z4
I've got one and I love it, it's more than enough for a beginner anyway.

Here's a couple of my shots:
godzilla-1.jpg

croc.jpg

traffic.jpg

Fiat Panda 100hp
Coco Cola or pepsi? Sounds a tab expensive though.

And - If you had the D40 during those times, you would have physical memories forever of those nights/days.