ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nikon d40 night settings?

mk5 fiesta zetec s
wanting to take some pictures of my car ( and some slow caption ones of the motorway) tonight and was just wondering what settings i should use on my camera to get the best results as i am abit of a noob with it.:rasp:

Oh soz,
Amyway I really dont know what to say to these 'What settings?' posts, as each shot is different, so the settings will be different.
If you use a tripod, you wont need a high ISO.
What other settings are you not sure about?

mk5 fiesta zetec s
like what i should have the flash because it normally just reflects of my car. is there a way you can not use the flash at night. and is M mode the best to have it in. cheers

If the D40 is like my D200, then just put into A for aperture priority, select which aperture you want and click away.

The best way you will learn is from experience though :)

mk5 fiesta zetec s
That link doesnt bring up a specific model, just a list. But for that money, it aint gone be anything special.
But that might be an advantage for a beginner, as if you dont get along with it, then you havent wasted a lot of $$.

I bit the bullet and got a full manfrotto kit, but that was almost £150!

Depends on how serious you wanna be!

FF RB 182
Go somewhere with some lighting for shots of the car, will mean you don't need the flash. Also, use the shutter self timer function or a remote so that the camera doesn't move when you press the shutter.