ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

nikon d40

VaVa
Or even a photography course. My mentor (gut I work with, sort of semi-pro photographer) takes pics with an older DSLR that I can only dream of. Learning to use thses things is far more important that megapixels and big screens.

www.waynebrittlephotography.com if you're interested.

Or even a photography course. My mentor (gut I work with, sort of semi-pro photographer) takes pics with an older DSLR that I can only dream of. Learning to use thses things is far more important that megapixels and big screens.

www.waynebrittlephotography.com if you're interested.

Amen, using it properly and good post processing with have a greater impact than a few mega pixels could ever have. He has a fantastic gallery.

Saying that, I want his 5D + 17-40 :D

Laingo you working/training as a shooter or just a hobby?

VaVa
Nah just a hobby mate. Wayne is an engineer in a brewery like me - He does his photography in his spare time.

But Ive learnt more i one lesson with Wayne than £500 on a new camera could ever achieve. Although he does have some f**king lovely gear. lol.

Nah just a hobby mate. Wayne is an engineer in a brewery like me - He does his photography in his spare time.

But Ive learnt more i one lesson with Wayne than £500 on a new camera could ever achieve. Although he does have some f**king lovely gear. lol.

lol its hard to escape gear envy, totted up how much I've spent in 18 months earlier :S

Got yourself a Gal/webpage?

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
is the difference in that just 100quid and more megapixels?

Yeah it is

not quite.

D40 Key Features

• 6.1 megapixel output
  • 1/500th of a second flash sync speed
  • three-area AF sensor
  • only autofocuses with Nikon AF-S lenses: no internal focus drive motor
  • ISO sensitivity range 200-1600 plus HI 1 (3200 equiv)
  • 2.5 fps continuous burst speed
  • 2.5" 230,000 pixel LCD monitor
  • help suggestions on the LCD monitor
  • very compact, light body: 1.22 lb. with card and batteries
  • info button near the shutter release accesses verbal descriptions and example photos displayed on the rear LCD to show appropriate situations for different settings
  • Maximum flash sync speed is a remarkable 1/500th on the D40, which enables fill flash in bright light or outdoors.
    D40x Differences
  • 10.2 megapixel output
  • ISO sensitivity range 100-1600 plus HI 1 (3200 equiv)
  • 3.0 fps continuous burst speed
  • The D40x has a more standard shutter, with flash sync up to 1/200th of a second
Also the D40 has less noise because of its larger pixels.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
anyone know if the d40x is a full frame sens or not?? cos if it is that would make it worth the extra money... if not... then its not really worth it...

www.dpreview.com is a really good site with a good forums dedicated to camera types and models etc... if u wanna see what the camera can really do look on there.

Astra coupe
the only differences between the d40 and d40x are the megapixels, the d40x has 3fps shooting instead of 2.5 and the iso settings are from 100-1600 instead of 200-1600

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
yes but if the d40x has a bigger sensor (physical size) than the d40... it would be a better option... if it has a full frame sensor then again its a better choice

yes but if the d40x has a bigger sensor (physical size) than the d40... it would be a better option... if it has a full frame sensor then again its a better choice

FF at entry level.... computer say no... same 1.5x crop.... I'd be shooting Nikon if they did though...

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
just had a play with the Aperture Priority after reading through Ukaskew's guid and came up with this, unsure if ive done it right or not havent had time to sit down been to busy,

DSC_0003Medium.jpg

VaVa
There's no right or wrong!

But if you intended to use a wide apeture (low f number) to creat a shallow depth of field the you've suceeded alright! :D