ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nikon D70 on loan

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Hi, im gunna be borrowing a D70 to take a few pics when im at a trackday next month, as im no camera pro AT ALL can someone suggest some settings for moving shots? Vague I know but help me out :)

Cheers

Try shutter priority mode, the big S on the wheel on top. Then set your shutter speed with the thumb wheel on the right hand side and experiment with faster/slower shutter speeds. That should work.

I would set iso to auto too.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Try shutter priority mode, the big S on the wheel on top. Then set your shutter speed with the thumb wheel on the right hand side and experiment with faster/slower shutter speeds. That should work.

I would set iso to auto too.

Perfect, thanks :)

Ian

Focus TDCi
Make sure you have it set to continual focus as well and also most people use burst mode (continuous shooting). As above, you should set it to shutter mode, about 1/200th to 1/400th if you want to play it safe, or slower than 1/200th if you fancy a risk.

Ukaskew's motorsport guide stickied at the top of this section is the best place to start. :)

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Make sure you have it set to continual focus as well and also most people use burst mode (continuous shooting). As above, you should set it to shutter mode, about 1/200th to 1/400th if you want to play it safe, or slower than 1/200th if you fancy a risk.

Ukaskew's motorsport guide stickied at the top of this section is the best place to start. :)

I second all that, especially the last bit.

If you put the ISO on auto, I'd check after a few pics to see what setting its put them on. I prefer to adjust mine manually so I know what its on.

Oil Burner
But more important than all of the above, use AI Focus or AFC? on Nikon, So its constantly Autofocusing, without this all of the above will not make a difference because nothing will be in focus.