ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nikon D80

I'm considering getting a D80 body to replace my D40.... whats everyones opinion on the D80? A worthy upgrade from the D40?

Fantastic camera mate, you won't go far wrong with it. It's essentially based on the D70 but has the awesome metering from the D50 and quite a few features from the D200. So it slots in perfectly between the D40/50 and the D200/300 and would be the logical upgrade choice.

Cheers mate, cant strecth to a D200 so this may be coming my way! I'm sure it will feel more balanced with my 18-200 too!

Tappd'd RS
I must admit the D80 is high on my agenda for purchase - maybe duty free on holiday this summer.

You're right, that 18-200 would be pretty versatile.

Cheers.

Black 172...KN53EL*
I bought one of these as my first DSLR when I was in the states a few weeks back....Great camera, I just need to learn more about how to use it to its full potential !!

D

dick

i always try to convince people to get this over the d40.

much nicer camera.

lad had one with the 18-200VR in africa last year, thats all he took with him.